The Associate Campus Pastor will report to the East County Pastor and be responsible for recruiting, training, and shepherding volunteer leaders in all areas of ministry, including Community Groups, Outreach, and Rock Your City Events. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619.223.3863 AND complete an application at www.sdrock.com/jobs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the growth of community groups, outreach, and Rock Your City Events.
- Identify goals and desired results for community groups, Rock Your City Events, outreach ministries.
- Ensures the day to day operations of outreach ministries are conducted in a manner that will honor God.
- Shepherds, guides, and leads volunteer leaders within the ministries responsible for.
- Develops and implements a volunteer growth strategy that helps recruit and develop leaders spiritually and in their roles
- Provides Biblical guidance and counseling as needed.
- Exemplifies servant leadership to ministry leaders.
- Attends and participates in weekly team meetings and regular pastoral meetings.
- Serves as a support staff for weekend services.
- Part of the Pastoral Care Team providing counseling, weddings, funerals, and other sacerdotal duties.
- Plans and implements Baptism events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- At least 4 years of experience in church or ministry-related organization.
- Degree in Theology and/or M.Div. preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the East County Department.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders and others, as needed.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Ability to provide sound, biblical counsel while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
Expectations of Staff:
- Exhibit Christ centered behavior at all times by treating others with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity. Christ-centered behavior at all times.
- Utilize Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 for all grievances.
- Proactive participation in the Rock governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events as needed. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church Employee Handbook.
Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. (with or without assistance), stand and walk for long periods of time, work independently and speak.
All employees of the Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorFountain City Wesleyan Church
- Richmond, Indiana
- December 1
Campus PastorAda Bible Church
- Ada, Michigan
- November 30
Executive Pastor (767613)The Shepherd's Staff
- US Mid Atlantic, Virginia
- November 29
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- November 29
Downtown Campus PastorLifeAustin Church
- Austin, Texas
- November 22