Director of Life Groups/Small Groups
April 17, 2013
The Director of Life Groups/Small Groups ensures home-based Life Group opportunities for growth are made available and accessible for adults at Elmbrook. This role will be responsible for developing and launching of a new model of Couples Life Groups, as well as responsibility for overseeing and developing all Men’s Life Groups. Specific program areas of oversight include, but are not limited to, Home-based Life Groups, Couples Life Groups, and Men’s Life Groups (including the No Regrets Study Series). The ideal candidate is a creative, entrepreneurial leader and inspirational team builder with the ability to set the broader stage and make decisions about the general direction of off-campus Life Group programming. The Life Group Director will be integral in recruiting, launching, coaching and shepherding Life Group leaders, as well as cohesively managing the planning and implementation of the details required to define and accomplish the vision.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Active participation or member of Elmbrook church.
- Endorse and support Elmbrook statement of faith, vision and core values.
- Commitment to living our discipleship attributes: connecting, gathering, serving, giving and multiplying.
- Provide strategic leadership – ability to inspire others by casting and clarifying vision, long range planning.
- A desire to grow, seeking relationships, resources and training to assist in the continuation of personal and professional growth.
- Model servant leadership by attitude and practice.
- A gifted builder who can recruit, train and deploy leaders.
- A proven track record of ministry leadership experience.
- A proven track record of recruiting, training, and mobilizing small group leaders.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong leadership, relational, organizational, technical, project management and decision making skills.
- Qualities of diplomacy and discernment.
- Facilitate on-ramps into spiritual growth small group connection for all Elmbrook adults.
- Provide leadership and direction for on-ramps to Life Groups.
- Recruit, coach, train and equip adult life group leaders for couples groups, mixed/multi-generational groups, and men’s groups.
- Evaluate effectiveness of adult discipleship life group initiatives.
- Actively recruit leaders, follow up with leads, meet with potential group leaders and ascertain if appropriate fit for group leadership
- Reinforce culture where life-change is expected and planned for, providing on-going growth opportunities.
- Provide integrated and cohesive communications regarding connection to small group opportunities for all Elmbrook adults.
- Provide pastoral counsel and shepherding of Elmbrook adults
- Participate in weekday on-call rotation.
- Integrate planning, schedule and programming with broader church calendar and rhythms of platform emphasis and communications.
- Reproduce your role in the lives of other key leaders.
Full-time Exempt Position
40 to 45 hours/week
Salary – dependant on experience, skills & education
Medical - eligibility for all benefits associated with full-time employment, including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Employee Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance vendors for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if employees are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan are January 1st and July 1st. On an employee’s first anniversary Elmbrook will match up to 5%.
Holidays – Full time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
The Director of Spiritual Life--Adult Discipleship, Tom Tunnicliff.
777 S. Barker Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Media DirectorFirst Baptist Church Jacksonville
- Jacksonville, Florida
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18