We are currently seeking a fulltime youth minister for Open Bible Christian Center in Rapid City, SD. Open Bible Christian center is part of the Open Bible Churches based out of Des Moines, Iowa. We are contemporary church that averages 900 in attendance on the weekends. Our youth ministry is currently averaging around 100 students.
There are a few requirements that we are looking for in a youth minister, these are listed below. If you feel you would be a fit for Open Bible Christian Center after reading the requirements and position description, please submit your cover letter, resume, referencesand philosophy of youth ministry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our desire is to have someone to begin by June 25, 2013.
- Must love Jesus and be passionate about teenagers.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in youth ministry with an average attendance of over 100 students.
- Must be married.
- Must be willing to be a part of our church staff team, understanding that sometimes you will be asked to serve outside of the youth department.
- Must have read the book, “Family Based Youth Ministry” by Mark DeVries. A copy of the book will be provided upon request.
- Must submit to a criminal and financial background check.
- Must submit current references that are willing to discuss strengths and weaknesses.
- Must submit to the following Youth Ministry Vision as follows :
Open Bible Christian Center – Youth Ministry Vision
Open Bible Christian Center’s Youth Ministry exists to assist parents and families to bring their teens to maturity in Jesus Christ. In order to fulfill this vision, the youth minister of OBCC will heavily recruit and integrate parents into the youth ministry. Parents will fulfill the role of model, mentor, coach, teacher, and social activities advisors. Assisting parents to grapple with the issues that face teens will be a major priority of the youth minister. Another priority will be recruiting parents as facilitators and hosts for Life Groups, classroom teaching and assistance, as well as hosting social activities and becoming the advisors for how best to integrate generational activities for teens.
At Open Bible Christian Center, we see Youth Ministry as an extension of the ministry of our church to families and not as entity for itself. This ministry of our church functions to assist in making all members of the family stronger disciples of Jesus Christ.
This position will provide pastoral support and leadership to the Youth Ministry that ensures discipleship, fellowship and worship opportunities for grade six through grade twelve.
- Born Again Christian
- Spiritually mature adult who has a love for children.
- The mannerisms, habits, and dress of this individual must reflect favorably upon the work of God.
- Must possess patience and wisdom in dealing with youth and parents.
- Must possess an attitude of humility, submissiveness, enthusiasm and diligence.
- Must have leadership skills, organizational skills, and good people skills.
- Must have adequate education or equivalent experience in youth ministry.
- Must have a servant's heart and a willingness to embrace the vision of the OBCC
Pastoral employees are hired by the Senior Pastor with the term assumed to be ongoing, as long as the pastor remains in good standing. The position exists subject to the vision of the Senior Pastor.
This is a full time paid position. Salary and benefits shall be determined by the Board of Directors and are reviewed on an annual basis.
This pastoral position is expected to perform a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours office, ministry and service time each week. This position demands intensive involvement with both the parents of youth and the youth themselves. This involvement must be understood in advance. All Pastors are required to be on-site a minimum of one hour before regular Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday Services.
SECTION ONE: RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION (25%)
Responsibility #1 (15%): Provide pastoral leadership, strategic planning for all ministry, outreach and programs for Youth Ministry.
- Produce an annual vision and purpose statement for Youth Ministry that includes specific, measurable goals of targeted care, outreach and ministry programs. This vision and purpose statements must align with the stated Vision of Youth Ministry of Open Bible Christian Center as set by the Senior Pastor. Final approval of the plan rests with the Senior Pastor.
Responsibility #2 (10%): Youth program and outreach focus.
- While the application component (annual plan) is addressed in Responsibility #1, listed here are the minimal required components of ministry, programs and outreach to youth and young adults:
- Youth Services
- Weekly Youth/Young Adult Classes and Life Groups
- Retreats and conferences
- Monthly social activities
- Outreach Events
- Fund raising activities for the annual Youth Global Outreach Project
- Follow-up and Contact
- Training/seminars geared to youth ministry which include adult/parent trainings
Responsibility #3 (0%): Develop an annual spending plan for Youth Ministries.
- Provide for vision in the Spending Plan for the coming year.
- Submit spending plan as requested by Church Business Administrator.
- Oversee the purchasing of supplies, equipment, curriculum and teaching resources in the Youth ministry area.
- Make wise investment of church funds and stay within the spending plan allocations.
Responsibility #4 (0%): Perform ministerial or other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
- Pastoral visitation
- Weekly ministry contacts
- Attend all church leadership meetings
- Reporting as required
- Pastor of the Week and/or contact calls as required
- Teamwork mentality…. Whatever it takes J
SECTION TWO: MINISTRY GOALS FOR CURRENT YEAR (50%)
- Will be established with the Senior Pastor upon hiring.
SECTION THREE: TEAM MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES (25%)
Each pastoral staff member will be assessed in the following team ministry responsibilities as defined.
- LEADERSHIP: Influencing others for the church's best interest
- ATTITUDE: Cultivates a positive outlook on life, a sense of humor, and maintains a spirit of gratitude
- RECRUITING & EQUIPPING: Discovering and training people for ministry
- PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT: Lifestyle commitment to people's personal growth
- TEAMWORK: Overall attitude, cooperation, and a servant's heart in areas outside your own responsibility
- EVANGELISM: Faithfulness in sharing the gospel and inviting new people to church
- PROFESSIONALISM: Excellence in areas such as returning phone calls, personal appearance, punctuality, follow-through and ability to handle sensitive/confidential information
- ORGANIZATION: Advance planning and strategic thinking in all ministry areas
- INITIATIVE/CREATIVITY: Pro-active, self-starting, anticipates problems and designs solutions, innovative
- SPIRITUAL LIFE: Evidence of consistency in love, joy, patience, self-control, and a faithful prayer life.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Open Bible Christian Center
Open Bible Christian Center is a growing church in the heart of the Black Hills of South Dakota. "Loving God and Investing in People" is what we are all about. Through our ministry, lives are being restored, relationships mended and believers empowered to live God-centered lives. Through this Body of Christ you will meet those with a vision that is focused on the Holy Spirit touching and changing lives. More...