Safe Haven Ministries
"Motivated by Christ's love, our mission is to end domestic abuse."
Title: Executive Director
Immediate Supervisor: Safe Haven Ministries Board of Directors
Responsibilities to: Director of Development, Program Director, Support Services Mgr.
The Executive Director is responsible for directing and overseeing all activities of the organization, in accordance with its stated purpose and within the general policies formulated by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director works with the Board and staff to assure the mission and vision of the agency are carried out in its daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain programs and services that reflect the strategic direction for the ministry
- Work collaboratively with the Development Director to ensure a sound annual fundraising plan is established and implemented
- Fully participate in fund development activities, including hosting events, making asks, authoring proposals, identifying funding sources and other tasks required by the plan
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, and services is consistently presented with a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Nurture and develop strategic, collaborative relationships between Safe Haven and congregations, businesses, and community organizations
- Ensure all financial, tax, risk and facilities requirements for the organization are fully met and executed according to current laws and regulations
- Act as the chief financial agent for the agency in assuring the proper use of budgeted funds and maintenance of sound accounting procedures to safeguard the assets of the organization
- Monitor contracts with other public or private organizations as authorized by the Board of Directors
- Oversee all Human Resource functions, including the selection, supervision and evaluation of quality staff to deliver services. Ensure employment policies reviewed and updated on a regular basis
- Serve as the public relations agent for the organization including fielding all media inquiries.
- Ensure safety and confidentiality for all clients.
- Passion and commitment to Safe Haven’s mission
- Proven leadership abilities in the management of a non-profit agency
- Proven success in fund raising
- Proven success in advocacy
- Ability to guide and work with persons of diverse ages, races, cultures and economic status
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Skilled in conflict resolution and mediation
- Competency in computer skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of B.A. in public or business administration, social services or a related field required, with a Masters preferred
- Five (5) years of executive leadership in a nonprofit organization
- Proven fundraising skills
- Experience in domestic violence strongly preferred
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions of this job.
To learn more about Safe Haven Ministries, visit the website at: www.safehavenministries.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17