Are you passionate about reaching young people for Christ? Do you want to be part of a church that has a vision to reach the unreached while still providing a challenging and growing environment for believers?
Wayside Chapel may be the church God has been preparing you for. We are seeking a godly man to shepherd and lead our Middle School Student Ministry. You will be joining a student ministry team that includes a full-time High School Pastor and a
The man we are seeking should be a servant-leader who has experience in a medium to large sized ministry, with a demonstrated effectiveness building relationships in student ministry, as well as a gift to clearly communicate God’s Word.
Wayside Chapel is a church family of about 2,000 that is an evangelical, biblically rooted ministry that is seeker friendly, but not seeker focused. You can find more information about our ministry at
We have a full benefits and salary package that will be commensurate with experience. If you are interested in being prayerfully considered,
please send your resume, along with a DVD or link of a recent message. Please note that the materials you send will not be sent back to you, so make sure you only provide us with copies.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and mail the materials to:
Wayside Chapel EFCA
Attn: Pastor Roger Poupart
1705 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78213
This position will minister to middle school youth (grades 6-8) and their families along with the youth staff with care and encouragement as a shepherd. He is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship,
encouragement, cooperation, example, prayer support, etc. as he serves the Lord Jesus Christ and His Body at Wayside Chapel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To serve on and in accordance with the Student Ministries staff.
- Build relationships that lead to discipleship with middle school students.
- Teach middle school Sunday school and Bible studies.
- Conduct mid-week middle school program.
- Organize, promote, oversee, and participate in all middle school activities, including middle school retreats and summer activities.
- Develop, organize, and oversee student ministry teams (e.g. tech teams, drama teams, etc.).
- Organize, promote, and participate in summer short-term mission trip for middle school students.
- Communicate middle school events, activities, and news with staff, parents, and volunteers.
- Cultivate and promote relationships with parents of middle school students.
- Manage and account for middle school budget.
- Work closely with the entire pastoral staff to minister to the Wayside body through one-on-one discipleship, counseling, evangelism, hospital visitation and friendship.
- Assist as needed in all worship services and seasonal gatherings.
- Attend at all pertinent staff, ministry, departmental meetings and retreats and actively contribute through sharing ideas and prayerful support to improve all aspects of the ministries of Wayside Chapel.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of discipleship and assimilation processes for
Student Ministries- Middle School
and update systems and goals for these areas.
- Represent Student Ministries- Middle School to the Elder Board.
- Recruit, train, provide leadership and support for Student Ministries- Middle School youth leaders.
- Lead social and appreciation events for volunteers and ministry participants.
- Other tasks as required related to student ministries
Education: Bachelors degree required, as well as formal ministry training at either the seminary or Bible college/school level. Training from other recognized Christian
organizations may be considered in satisfaction of the formal ministry training requirement.
Experience: Prior middle school ministry experience required, either vocational or substantive, verifiable volunteer experience. References must include contacts that can
vouch for the stated middle school experience.