This position is responsible for directing all St. John Church services to create an experience welcoming people in our community into our church where they are and at whatever point they may be at in their faith journey.
- Direct, encourage and challenge the Service Programming team members to maximize resources and opportunities within their respective areas.
- Oversee the systems and processes to produce powerful weekly worship services incorporating creative stage design, lighting, musicality, and teaching elements with a strong biblical emphasis at five weekend services representing three styles of worship.
- Coordinate the development of progressive, engaging and creative elements (openers, title packages, and other thematic features) within our community-engaging worship experiences.
- Meet with the Teaching Pastors to assist with the development of the series themes and main ideas for each worship service as they pertain to the spiritual needs and mission of the church.
- Arrange and finalize the details and assignments of each service primarily using Planning Center Online and Pro Presenter software.
- Responsible for creating and executing annually two to three large special worship productions.
- Serve as a core member of the Community Engagement team to assist with the church's mission and vision, especially focusing on becoming a community church - one who is serious about serving the people around us.
- Seeking a creative individual with a pulse on current culture with a positive, upbeat disposition, graceoriented style and excellent administrative/people skills.
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams of staff and volunteers to accomplish a project.
- Qualified candidates may have experience in the following: theater production, stage direction, concert production, creative promotions, event planning, and video or music production.
- An understanding of the theology, music and service planning aspects of a progressive LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) church.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a member of St. John or willing to join.
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a portfolio or samples of creative achievements to
email@example.com or by mail St. John Church, Attention: Tracy Dunn, 15800 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011. To learn more about our organization visit our website at