Green Valley is seeking a Student Pastor to lead the Student Ministry (7th grade-college) in helping students discover and fulfill their God-given purpose for living. The position of
Student Pastor serves as the lead pastor and directional leader of Green Valley’s Student Ministry and is responsible for the comprehensive development and implementation of Green Valley’s vision, mission, and strategy for ministry to students
in grades 7-12 and college.
The individual that we are seeking for the position of Student Pastor will possess a strong desire to reach the next generation for Jesus Christ. Through creative ministry methods and a deep commitment to excellence, this person will model and communicate
Biblical principles in a language that students understand. In keeping with the model of the church, the student ministry should be exciting, unique, non-traditional and progressive. This individual will live out daily the words and messages that he communicates
to the students in both formal and informal settings. This individual must understand that building relationships with students on and off the church campus is of vital importance.
We believe that one of the most important aspects of student ministry is to involve students in healthy and challenging small groups where each member is involved relationally with properly trained small group leaders who see themselves as “front-line ministers”
to our students. With this in mind the Student Pastor must have a clear understanding of shared ministry. The ministry must be shared with our servant leaders, parents, and with the students themselves.
Partial List of Responsibilities:
- Work in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of Green Valley’s mission and strategies.
- Work with the staff to carry out the ministry goals and vision of the church.
- Provide overall leadership and age-graded vision, strategy training and nurturing servant leaders for the Student Ministry
- Ensure a comprehensive leadership recruitment, development, and shepherding plan to cultivate highly committed, well-equipped, multiplying servant leaders who embrace the vision of student discipleship
- Implement and promote activities to support the Student ministry strategies and work with the staff to communicate these activities to other servant leaders, families, students and the church congregation as appropriate.
- Plan, schedule, and implement student ministry events throughout the year including mid-week services and Sunday morning small groups and any public speaking and teaching of classes or training sessions as needed within the student ministry.
- Expand Green Valley’s presence and influence on area school campuses. During the school year, the student pastor will be present on school campuses by participating in activities such as eating lunch at school, volunteering for school programs, attending
school events and functions.
- Lead in the preparation and management of the budget for the student ministry.
- Purchase supplies and equipment and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by the ministry including set up, break down and proper operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
For all staff positions at Green Valley, a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and discipleship is expected. It is also expected that the performance of all duties and responsibilities be executed with excellence
from the standpoint of our platform for ministry and in a manner that glorifies Christ and furthers the mission and ministry purposes of the church.