Grace Community UMC at FishHawk in Lithia, FL, has a dynamic Children’s Ministry that is seeking a person with a passion for connecting children and their families to an authentic relationship with Jesus. The qualified person will be expected to recruit,
train, and unleash a dynamic team of leaders who will unite church and home by utilizing the Orange strategy. This person will need excellent people and administrative skills, contagious enthusiasm, magnetic leadership ability and a sense of calling to work
in Children & Family Ministry. This person will be responsible for planning and implementing all children’s ministry activities for children ages infant through 5th grade.
This is a full-time position. Pay is $25,000-$30,000 based on education and experience.
- 2 years experience in Children’s Ministry preferred.
- Passionate calling to Children’s Ministry.
- Ministry related Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with the Orange Strategy preferred.
- Proven ability to lead volunteers and develop people to their potential.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership of all Children’s Ministry activities, including: 2 weekend services with another to start in Fall 2013, Vacation Bible School, and other special events.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and equip children’s ministry partners.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Maintain the Children’s Ministry section on MyGraceUMC website.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Deadline for applying is May 15th. Please email resumes to: