This is a part time, 15 hours a week position that will seek to develop our worship ministries to further accomplish our mission of cultivating passionate disciples who love God and love others through organizing and growing our congregational worship experience.
Particularly, this position will focus on leading worship during our Sunday worship services and inspiring all generations towards a growing love for Christ.
The worship leader serves as the primary person in charge of the worship ministry and for the oversight and development of all worship services.
- A heart of worship and service to God that manifests itself in a dynamic prayer life, a whole life surrender to Christ, and a vibrant walk with Him and a life that is above reproach according to the standards of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- A biblical worldview that is committed to the authority of the Bible as God's uniquely inspired Word and a capacity to demonstrate how a biblical worldview affects worship ministry.
- Demonstrated musical skill in a variety of genres that speaks to multiple generations, though the ideal candidate will have blended experience and talent in leading traditional congregational worship music and contemporary worship experiences.
- At least two years of experience in leading worship in a variety of styles.
- Technical competency in reading music.
- Instrumental competencies with keyboard and/or guitar.
- Computer competencies related to service planning and presentation.
- Knowledge in utilization of audio/visual equipment.
- Creativity to envision and implement authentic, impactful worship services.
- Ability to effectively recruit, develop, and lead various worship teams and individuals, as well as others connected to the worship service.
- Effective communication skills for one-on-one, small and large group settings.
- Ability to effectively interact with all ministry areas and leaders.