This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Community Church
Tyler, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/10/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Community Church is seeking a young, energetic qualified individual to work with multi-site church on our OJ campus in Tyler, Tx. Tyler (OJ) is a growing campus (1000+ in attendance). Individual needs to be a team player and work diligently with other 4 other full time student ministry staff and other existing campuses. Must be a TEAM player. Primary responsibility will be on the OJ campus working with 6-12th graders. Salary plus benefits. Great position for young passionate individual with a heart for student ministry. This position will also have an intern/part time employee to oversee. We will allow you to hire this person as well. Grace Community is a great place to serve and minister. Student ministry is focused on quality ministry (small groups)not programs. If interested send resume, current photo, and references to email@example.com - Student Pastor Steve Tanner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Student Ministry Staff.
Relational Approach: Community Groups & Campus visits
* Follow up with/enlist students who have signed up for community groups.
* Enlist young leaders to lead in community groups 20-30 yr. olds
* Lead a weekly small group 1-4 students all GSM staff
* Attend student events (sports, plays, band ect)
* Visit school campuses (weekly)
* Greet & meet with Parents at events, small groups and especially on Sunday mornings. Represent GSM well.
Organizationally - Office support & Structure
* Attend staff meetings (GSM & Church wide)
* Oversee primary & secondary roles of Student Ministry
*Meet with supervisor (10 min. every week)
*Meet with Teaching Pastor on your campus at His discretion
*Keep office hours where you can be reached (communicate with front desk/Pastor)
*Update blog/website weekly with news, calendar, and stories as well as communications dept for weekly bulletins.
*Communicate with GSM staff (ideas, thoughts, calendar, ect.)
Personally - Emotionally & Spiritually
* Take time with the Lord on your own
* Take time off for yourself (vacation, day off ect.)
* Read & share books / articles for personal growth & for GSM staff
* Be a part of a community group from your campus
* Be a healthy part of a GSM TEAM. This takes time, trust and forgiveness.
**Salary info is availiable...feel free to contact us - email@example.com