Do Something Church Pastor is responsible for the relationship development and training of pastors in the Do Something Church network, and all of its interests and activities, including but not limited to Pastor outreach, participant training, summit and conference hosting and facilitating, and pastor and church relationship development. Incumbent reports directly to the SES Director. Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com or fax to 619.223.3863 AND complete an application at www.sdrock.com/jobs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Represents Do Something Church and related ministry programs in developing a network of resources, partnerships and other valuable associations within the community, among churches nationwide, among Do Something Church supporters and in other settings.
- Strategically defines, designs and implements a follow up program to support and encourage churches with DSC strategies and resources on an ongoing basis with the goal of seeing churches launch DSC projects in their communities.
- Initiates contact with church leadership in introducing the DSC Strategy and developing relationships in the Do Something Church network.
- In collaboration with the DSC Manager helps with promoting, hosting and facilitating Do Something Church Summits, Conferences and other related events.
- Alongside the DSC Manager, casts vision and participates in marketing and social media strategies.
- Represents Do Something Church at conference expos in promoting DSC, selling and/or distributing DSC products and building new relationships with church leadership.
- Builds positive and long-lasting relationships with participants within Do Something Church and Rock Church organizations, getting to know each one on a personal basis.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of volunteer leadership teams, in particular Follow Up.
- Discover, find and communicate stories that will impact the ministry.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the SES Director.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Masters in Divinity or in the process of perusing this degree is preferred.
- Ordained or licensed as a Pastor.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability in building a strong ministry or business.
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with community partners to provide comprehensive coordinated and integrated services.
- Self-motivated with strong project management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and Do Something Church.
- Demonstrates skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Encourages and motivates others, building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with diverse external clientele, including pastors, guest speakers, volunteers, vendors, visitors, etc. using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly and concisely.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Mac Environments.
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Proactive participation in the Rock Governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events as needed. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- A tithe of 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church Employee Handbook.
Ability to function independently and ability to speak. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Pastor of Ministry/Assimilation & Teaching PastorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18