We are a modern, growing, suburban Pittsburgh church of 2,000 seeking a qualified leader to oversee and take our student ministry(7th-12th grades) to the next level. This role requires qualified candidates to not simply be "doers" but also "equippers." Recruiting and leading volunteer teams is essential. Strong gifts in mentoring, relationship building, administration and the capacity to work well in a team setting are also critical to the role. Must be a strong communicator with the ability to teach biblical truth while remaining culturally relevant. Most importantly this person must feel a strong sense of "calling" to work with students and reach the next generation for Christ.
- Bachelor's Degree in Youth Ministry or equivalant experience in youth ministry setting/context
- Two years or more experience a plus
- Experience leading and equipping volunteer teams
- Understands how to help students cultivate relationships both with Christ and others
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work well with parents, staff and volunteers to form a holistic student ministry approach
- Be able to articulate a process/philosophy of discipleship
- Self-motivated; be able to work without someone "looking over your shoulder"
- Develop and oversee student ministry programs/discipleship with excellence in teaching and consistent with our culture
- Connecting students into small groups/opportunities to help them build relationships
- Minister to students in a relational format and build relationships with parents.
- Build, train and equip volunteer leadership team
- This position is full time and requires 40-45 hours a week
- There will be three quarterly reviews, and an annual review
- All other pertinent employee details are described fully in our Employee Policy and Procedures Handbook
- Lead staffing and programming while developing/mentoring volunteer leadership and administrative support.
- Manage budget as a good steward; stay within a 5% range.
- Monthly, spring fall and summer events consistent with yearly specific ministry plan.
Metrics for performance
- Growth of attendance in key student ministry programs.
- Students bringing other students including non-believers.
- Programs are being set into place to allow for maximum discipleship
- Volunteer leaders are growing in numbers and in their own walks.
- Teaming with staff, meeting all deadlines with regard to projects.
- This pastor reports directly to the Associate Pastor. This pastor operates at a team level with all of the staff. Any student ministry leadership, paid or volunteers report to this position.
Nature of the position
- This position exists to execute the mission of the church among the students (7th-12th grade) in the church and in the community; through family, outreach, and discipleship ministries.
- Occasionally hours will be spent on all-staff projects.
- Creatively build out a leadership organization to mobilize the students in the community and the surrounding areas.
- Adult volunteer leadership team
- Student leadership team
- Weekly large group gathering including; Message prep and delivery, Student-led worship team, Activities
- Weekly small groups
- Intentionally cultivating relationships in order to help students in their discipleship
- Planning and executing monthly student activities and events. This pastor is “the face” for Student ministries.
- Recruiting and training volunteer youth workers
Please submit resume and cover letter. A video of you teaching in a youth ministry context is a huge plus.
Thanks for checking us out!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
High School Minister (12102)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southeastern US, South Carolina
- October 31
Pastor of Students and Families (12112)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southeastern US, Texas
- October 31
Pastor of Community and Care (12110)The Shepherd's Staff
- Mid-Atlantic, Maryland
- October 31
Pastor of Student MinistriesFirst Baptist Church of Evergreen
- Evergreen, Colorado
- October 31
Director of Children's MinistryThe Gathering
- St. Louis, Missouri
- October 30
Grace Community Church
Our mission is to honor God by reaching people with the Good News of Jesus Christ and teaching them to become followers of Him. In order to begin a journey, we must first look ahead to our destination, where we want to go, and then assess where we are and how we want to reach that destination. The same is true in our Christian lives. Here at Grace, we have found that utilizing our “spiritual” GPS system is the most effective way to help us grow closer to God, pursue relationships with others, and serve the world. So, in essence, our missio More...