Sugar Creek Baptist Church is seeking a Marketing Director to manage its internal and external communications through advertising, publications, public relations, social media and other forms of print and electronic communication. We are seeking a creative, energetic and organized team member who has a successful track record of leading creative teams and who aspires to pioneer innovative approaches to reaching our community and world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This position directs how marketing objectives are translated into creative strategies and the process by which creative projects are completed, from concept to production. As a result, this position requires a high degree of talent and ability from an organizational and creative perspective. The right candidate will have proven skills as an organizer, planner and manager that are matched by their skills as a visionary, artist and storyteller.
- Develops and executes marketing plans at the church and ministry level.
- Leads a creative team of staff and volunteers to create advertising messages and materials for a wide variety of electronic, print and social media.
- Directs the production of weekly publications and creative projects.
- Directs the communication flow and balance of messages and materials inside the church and to the community.
- Measures and improves the effectiveness of marketing strategies.
- Maintains consistent brand guidelines and usage.
- Oversees equipment, processes and supplies used by Art Department.
- Researches and implements new methods, opportunities and technologies to improve the effectiveness of communication strategies.
- Develops and maintains on-going media relationships to present newsworthy stories and activities for coverage in a creative and effective manner.
Abilities & Attributes:
- Proven track record of leadership ability with great management and organizational skills.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment built on creativity, innovation, collaboration and service.
- Strong ability to participate in and lead productive brainstorming sessions.
- Experience developing marketing campaigns and materials with solid concepts and strong design.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other industry specific software.
- Thorough knowledge of print processes, file prep and working with Print vendors.
- Knowledge of current marketing techniques and best practices for print, electronic and social media.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging web technologies is a must.
- Ability to research demographics, analyze data and apply it effectively in a ministry context.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and passion for excellence.
- Pro-Active, Self-starting and Servant-hearted approach to ministry.
- Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, and consensus-building skills.
- Committed disciple of Jesus Christ and strong knowledge of scripture.
BS/BA degree minimum in a communications related field.
5+ Years of prior marketing, advertising or equivalent experience.
3+ years creative department management experience as a Marketing Director, Creative Director, Strategist, or equivalent role.
Sugar Creek is located in Sugar Land, Texas - a diverse and rapidly growing suburb of Houston. For more information, visit sugarcreek.net. To apply, email a cover letter, resume and links to portfolio or relevant work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Video Content ProducerHeartland Community Church
- Rockford, Wisconsin
- October 12
Sugar Creek Baptist Church
Sugar Creek is a church passionate about life change. It happens every day here – marriages healed, families revived, love restored, the hurting comforted. It happens not because of the programs we have or the events we put on, but because the spirit of God is at work here. He is the only one who can change a life and He wants to change yours for the better.More...