Position Title Children’s Pastor / Director
Location Cape Coral, FL
ATTENDANCE: 600 plus
First Christian Church is excited to present an opportunity for Children’s Pastor / Director at a fun, high energy church of 600 plus in attendance, located in sunny Cape Coral, Florida.
With a friendly staff and very warm church family, we are very serious about relationships. We strive to hire based on someone’s heart and talents wrapped in a servant’s package. We desire to work hard and have lots of fun. We place a high value on relationships
in every area of our ministry. In addition, the right candidate will share in our love of children and our desire to see them grow up knowing the love of Jesus Christ.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
- The Children’s Pastor will coordinate with the staff of the church to partner with parents to develop our children into mature Disciples of Christ
- Champion the vision of the partnering parents and ensure the ministries of the church align to our Elder’s oversight.
- Oversee and coordinate Nursery (birth-toddlers), Pre-K, Critterland (K-First grade) and Children’s Church (2-5th grade)
- Create worship environments (sets / décor) for the various ministries
- Recruit and equip volunteers as ministry leaders in the above mentioned ministries along with VBS, Family Fall Festival, Awana, Summer Mid-week service (when Awana is not in session), Camp (children / youth) and Children special events
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Keep regular office hours
- Responsible to the Elder’s / Lead Pastor’s oversight and directly reports to the Executive Pastor
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATONS
- Strong personal and growing commitment to Jesus Christ
- Self-starter—someone who can get the job done
- Heart and passion to see children grow and mature.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Committed to the vision and values of church
- Relates well with children, parents and ministry leaders
- Team oriented someone who is able to work with a large number of volunteers
- Be supportive of staff and elders
- Exhibit a Jesus like-servant model in word and actions
- A 4 year degree is required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Children’s Ministry with demonstrable success in developing, building, and growing the ministry
Salary requirements commensurate with experience
The Board of Elders are honored and excited to serve our Lord and the F.C.C. family in our pursuit of Excellence for our Children’s Ministry.