Worship Director – Family Church
The worship leader should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and be competent to lead our church in worship and lead a team of volunteer musicians.
The qualities we desire in a Worship Director are:
- Pastoring volunteers – guide and encourage the different talents within the worship team.
- Spiritually strong – have a strong committed relationship with Christ.
- Musically skilled – able to arrange relevant music (Hillsong United, Chris Tomlin, Jesus Culture) including contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns.
The preparations for Sunday morning worship, including:
- Selecting songs for Sunday worship that compliment the sermon.
- Recruiting musicians and singers.
- Rehearsing with worship team.
- Communication with lead pastor.
The worship director will be accountable to the senior pastor.
As with any leadership position, this role comes with great responsibility. Therefore, we expect the interim worship director to:
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God.
- Willing to grow in leadership skills
- Pray for the community of Family Church.
- This is a part-time position with salary that may increase according to experience, education, and church growth.
- Hours 10 -15 hours per week