Position Description: Minister of Congregation Care and Growth
The Emmaus Community (TEC) is actively seeking a full time experienced Minister of Congregational Care and Growth. TEC is a non-denominational post-modern Christian community located in the South Suburbs of Chicago with an active membership of approximately
The Minister of Congregational Care and Growth is responsible for the spiritual development, wellness and growth of the Emmaus Community congregation. Specifically, the Minister of Congregation Care and Growth proactively and reactively supports the individuals
and families of the Emmaus Community. The congregational care and growth activities include assisting the Lead Pastor with preaching and teaching responsibilities and sacerdotal duties, primary leadership for funerals and weddings, personal visits and prayer
for the sick, crisis intervention, benevolence, pastoral guidance and assistance, and internal and external community outreach.
Organizational Relationship & Accountability
The Minister of Congregational Care and Growth reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Completion of an accredited master’s level seminary program
- Ordination by a recognized ecclesial body
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and a commitment to both the nurturing and maturing of his/her spiritual journey.
- Commitment to personal integrity and Christian character.
- Willingness to be an active member of The Emmaus Community.
- Agreement with the theological perspectives, mission, vision and core passions of The Emmaus Community.
- A demonstrated willingness and talent for working with people at various stages in their spiritual development.
- Ability to be a leader and developer of people, teams and ministry.
- Excellent communication, public relations, computer literacy and organizational skills.
- Proactively maintains contact with Emmaus Community families to assess their spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Regularly visits and assists all Emmaus Community who are hospitalized and homebound.
- Serves as the primary contact for crisis, including Benevolence and other Walk-Ins.
- Proactive follow up with seekers and new believers
- Shepherds and facilitates the development of leaders for his/her designated serving teams and ensures actions of serving teams and leaders are consistent with The Emmaus Community’s core passions, priorities, and themes.
- Accountable for development and adherence to budgets for his/her assigned areas and programs.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled meetings, including weekly staff, congregational meetings, leadership meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Teaching and preaching as assigned.
- Serves as the primary liturgist and planner for funerals and weddings.
- Performs sacerdotal duties and other duties as assigned consistent with the Emmaus Community core values.
Compensation & Hours:
This is a full time salary position with compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience and competitive benefits. Interested candidates should email their resume and salary history to: email@example.com