Anointed Temple of Praise Outreach Ministries Church, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Youth Pastor. The Youth Pastor will direct, manage and oversee the children, youth and teen ministries; educate, minister to and train participants
to become active in the ministry of the church and assist the Senior Pastor as needed with the ministry of the church.
General Areas of Responsibility/Accountability
- Give direction to and oversee the children, youth, and teen ministries. Collaborates with senior pastor, senior ministry leaders and youth advisors.
a. Identify the needs and interests of teens within the church and community.
b. Plan and develop programs for the youth ministry.
c. Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness.
d. Identify and provide ministry opportunities for teens.
e. Develop effective ways to communicate with parents, build relationships, and gain support for the ministry’s activities and events.
2. Meet monthly with youth ministry advisors to pray and to discuss upcoming events, challenges, solutions and praises.
3. Recruit youth advisors as needed. Provide training for youth advisors as needed and provide ministry goals and advisor roles/responsibilities with periodic updates. Plan minimum of one major training/inspirational workshop a year.
4. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to children, youth, and teens on an individual basis.
5. Participate in outreach ministry to teens who have visited the church: visits, letters, calls, etc.
6. Lead midweek Bible study for children, youth, and teens with documented study plan and/or curriculum
7. Plan at least one yearly youth retreat for the purpose of spiritual edification.
8. Visit children, youth, and teens listed on the sick & shut-in list.
9. Participate in professional development opportunities yearly, or as presented.
10. Develop the yearly youth ministry goals and budget for approval and track expenditures throughout the year. Submit youth ministry goal accomplishments at the end of the calendar year.
11. Compile a youth directory, have copies made and distribute to teens and youth workers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in teaching or training & development + 2 years of related experience
- Licensed as a minister or pursuing ordination and licensing as a minister
- Two years minimum experience serving in a ministry position in a church or church sponsored-related ministry or non-profit
- Minimum two years in management or supervision with heavy emphasis in administration
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; excellent project management and presentation skills; ability to prepare clear, concise, accurate and complete reports including statistics; strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with others at all levels
- Must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the church and surrounding community
- Must be able to demonstrate compassion and show mercy toward others
Interested candidates should submit resumes to: email@example.com