This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Reaching In Pastor
Calvary Chapel Newport News
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/15/2009
Categories: Associate Pastor
Denominations: Calvary Chapel
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
ONLY QUALIFIED PERSONS NEED APPLY
Calvary Chapel Newport News is a non-denominational, international teaching ministry with close to 30 countries represented in our worshiping body. Calvary Chapel is located in Newport News, Virginia --- a vital part of the Hampton Roads / Tidewater community. Our ministry’s mission is to teach the lost and the found the Good News of Jesus Christ through Reaching Up (Worship & Prayer), Reaching In (Teaching, Discipleship and Ministry), Reaching Out (Evangelism & Missions), and Reaching Around (Small Groups). Calvary Chapel Newport News is currently looking for a Reaching-In Pastor to focus on New Members, Assimilation, Intercession, and Pastoral Care and to become a part of an exciting, expanding and vibrant ministry.
This Minister is to lead in the spiritual formation and development of the church family and provide pastoral care and guidance as required to sustain a healthy fellowship.
SPECIFIC LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee altar prayer ministry and follow-up
a) Be present at the altar at the end of each service for assistance to the Prayer Team, if needed.
b) Review prayer/decision cards and adequately respond to comment sections within 48hrs.
c) Follow up, as appropriate, with personal phone calls to see prayer needs through to resolution. (i.e., specific request for surgeries, health issues, job searches, marital issues, etc.)
d) Keep an electronic database of: person, need, resolution, dates, and other important information for future prayer or counseling.
2. Oversee/Develop Prayer Ministries
a) Oversee and participate with Intercessors who pray during and after services.
b. Develop and/or improve existing Prayer Teams.
c. Maintain adequate and appropriate locations for prayer ensuring the room is the correct temperature, prayer guides are available, and other supplies are provided, as needed.
3. Schedule prayer during all weekly services and during church-wide special events.
a) Create, plan, schedule, and oversee specific and focused prayer meetings throughout the year.
i. Men’s prayer night 3x per year
ii. Women’s prayer night 3x per year
iii. Special event prayer, as needed
iv. Neighborhood Prayer Walks at least once every two months
b) Be present or ensure designee is present to open and close facility for Tuesday night prayer meetings.
c) Ensure prayer groups that have been organized by others (Mom’s In Touch,
etc.) have necessary access to facilities, communication assistance, and resources.
d) Keep the church members reminded that Jesus said, “My house shall be a house of prayer," through quarterly video presentations (no more than 90 sec) to be shown in conjunction with Sunday morning announcements.
4. Plan, schedule, oversee and personally teach New Believers' Class at least
4 times per year or at any point where 10 or more new believers are waiting to take the class.
5. Plan, schedule, oversee, and personally teach Calvary Connections Class at least 4 times per year or at any point where 10 or more prospective members are waiting to take the class.
6. Facilitate spiritual gifts discovery and movement of newly connected members into small groups and entry-level ministry positions.
a) Provide each new member with a spiritual gift assessment and provide follow-up counseling on ministry positions within Calvary Chapel Newport News that fit their area of giftedness.
b) Notify ministry leaders of potential servants and provide up-to-date contact information.
c) Notify Small Groups Pastor of all those completing new member and/or Calvary Connection classes for assimilation into Bible study groups.
d) Follow-up with those completing Calvary Connections class one month after “hand-over” to assure new members have been contacted and connected into ministry and/or small groups.
e) Keep an electronic data base of all new believers and new members that includes, but is not limited to, complete address and contact information, family demographics, spiritual giftedness, area of ministry service, and small group assignment.
7. Pre-counsel, schedule, and conduct follow-up with baptisms as needed or directed by Senior Pastor.
8. Pre-counsel, schedule, and conduct weddings as needed or directed by Senior Pastor.
9. Be prepared and able to teach in our future Calvary University – Leadership, Theology, Finances, etc.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
LIST OF GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Utilize the services of the secretarial and facilities staff, which are consistent with their position descriptions.
2. Periodically supply articles on your responsible areas of ministry for use in Calvary Chapel Newport News publications.
3. Give full support to the Ministry Action Plan (Budget) of Calvary Chapel Newport News and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
4. Serve as an effective staff liaison to assigned Ministry Teams and/or Standing Committees.
5. Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in Calvary Chapel’s Bylaws and Policies and Procedures Manual.
LIST OF BASIC PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
2. Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children, if married.
3. Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
4. Financially support the work of ministries of Calvary Chapel Newport News by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
NOTE: If this position is of interest to you, we invite you to please visit our website and listen to one of our Sunday or Wednesday messages prior to making a formal application.
Pastor Tony Clark