Jamul Community Church is in the East county area of San Diego, California and our purpose is to challenge each other to know, love, serve God, our families, our community, our world. Our atmosphere is relaxed and we place high value on teaching God’s word
verse by verse. Currently we are seeking a qualified and committed interim worship director to lead worship as we search for a permanent Worship Director. In our worship, we desire to:
- Proclaim God’s great works and character
- Turn our affection towards God and His Word
- Respond to God with delight and obedience
The interim worship director should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and agree on the essential core beliefs of Jamul Community Church. The interim worship director should be competent to lead our fellowship in worship through music and direct a team
of volunteer musicians.
Qualities we desire in an interim worship leader are:
- Able to shepherd – guide and encourage the different talents within the worship team, and to do so in a sensitive and pastoral way.
- Spiritually mature – able to articulate their beliefs with reasonable comfort and explain the gospel and how it applies to worship and faith.
- Musically skilled – able to arrange contemporary music (Hillsong, Chris Tomlin), including contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns.
The complete scheduling and preparations for Sunday morning worship, including:
- Selecting songs for Sunday worship that compliment the morning message
- Rehearsing with worship team
- Assuring necessary communication with worship team and preaching pastor
The interim worship director will be accountable to the senior pastor, who is accountable to the elders.
As with any leadership position, this role comes with great responsibility. Therefore, we expect the interim worship director to:
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God.
- Be above reproach in thought, word, and deed.
- Love, pursue, and pray for the community of Jamul Community Church.
This is a part-time position with a base salary that may increase according to experience, education, and/or additional skills or responsibilities not listed in this description.
As previously mentioned, this position is temporary and will end upon the hiring of a permanent Worship Leader. We expect that process to take between six to twelve months.
Serious candidates should send a cover email and a video link from a recent worship service.
Please send resumes to email@example.com | (619) 669-7203 website: www.jamul.org