Brief overview of the job and our church...First Baptist Church Huntsville, AL is a 4,000 member church with two worship services...broadcasting one service on the local CBS affiliate every Sunday...streaming both services live on the web every Sunday. The
position would involve expertise in working with and coordinating people that are volunteers operating the systems we currently have. The position is 20 hours/ week.
From the Job Description...
Summary of Expectations: Through the development and empowerment of ministry teams, the Media Director is responsible for the broadcast production of both television and internet and all audio of any and all worship services and other gatherings.
As a member of the church staff, the Media Director will also interface regularly and cooperatively with other staff members, volunteers and the congregation. The Media Director works under the supervision of the Minister of Music and Worship. The Media Director
will work with both the Minister of Music & Worship as well as the Contemporary Worship Leader to provide media support for all worship services. This is a part-time salaried position. The Media Director will develop specific annual objectives for accomplishing
his/her work to carry out the vision, plans, and objectives of the church.
1. Recruit, train, and coordinate media ministry teams to provide audio, video, and broadcast support as needed for all worship services and other events as determined.
2. Coordinate the maintenance/procurement of all media equipment.
3. Function as producer and engineer for media.
4. Schedule and manage media needs for the various services of the church
5. Develop and implement marketing for FBC using various media.
6. Oversee and assist the development and coordination of the audio/video ministry & TV/web broadcasts including motivation, recruiting, training, and scheduling of personnel.
7. Assist staff members and volunteer leaders with their media needs.
8. Selection, recommendation and purchasing of media related equipment including the development of an annual budget for new equipment purchases and maintenance of existing equipment.
9. Troubleshooting of all video/audio equipment.
10. Responsible for Adherence to the Child Protection Policies of the church.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.