POSITION TITLE: PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY GRADES 7-12 JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
LOCATION: BEAUTIFUL, SUNNY COTTONWOOD, AZ CHURCH Size: 650
Are you passionate about serving the Lord through reaching and nurturing youth into a lifelong relationship with Jesus? This is a terrific opportunity to become an integral part of a church that believes deeply in its youth, and is committed to providing a strong biblical worldview in an atmosphere of compassion and encouragement!
This church loves students, and desires for each of them to develop a deep, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ, as well as providing them with opportunities to form lifelong friendships with peers who are also seeking to follow the Lord. We will encourage evangelism through missions at home and abroad, and will seek to inspire in them a servant’s heart. As part of a church with a 120 year history, our youth ministry is thriving, with over 70 students participating weekly in various activities. A high tech, dedicated youth room with a kitchen, additional classrooms, and enclosed gymnasium are just a few of the outstanding facilities found at Verde Baptist Church. There are a large number of talented, dedicated adult volunteers, making it obvious that this church loves and is invested in its youth!
Cottonwood is located in the Verde Valley, surrounded by some of the most wonderful terrain anywhere, and offering great access to outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, kayaking, and camping!
Centrally located between the stately and beautiful red rocks of Sedona, the regal San Francisco Peaks of Flagstaff, historic Prescott, and the city of Phoenix, Cottonwood truly has the best of all worlds. The town and surrounding areas boast a population of 22,000, and form a terrific community that combines rural and suburban living into a distinctive tapestry, perfect for raising a family and serving the Lord! What an awesome opportunity for the person the Lord is calling to be Pastor of Student Ministry at Verde Baptist
Church! If you are a high energy person, eager to teach youth about Christ, and excited about the amazing plans God has for you and those you are called to lead, we would love to hear from you!
· Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, demonstrating humility.
· Reach out to 7th-12th graders, connecting with them and helping them to grow in their relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
· Develop, implement, and oversee biblically-based, relevant, engaging, and ageappropriate
programming for Jr. High and Sr. High students.
· Oversee, develop and encourage adult volunteers who serve and assist with shepherding students as they seek and experience God in their lives.
· Create an interesting, exciting atmosphere that attracts students not only from the church, but also un-churched youth in the community.
· Develop and maintain relationships with the parents of youth.
· Teach the students how to defend their faith, and encourage them to develop a Biblical world view.
· Develop, plan, and oversee all retreats, camps, mission projects, or other scheduled events.
· Encourage and develop activities that will increase student attendance in worship services.
· Oversee and administer the Student Ministry budget.
· Create a culturally relevant and engaging atmosphere that will attract students, with the goals of helping them grow into deeply committed followers of Christ and equipping them to discover and grow in their gifts to serve others.
· Be an entrepreneurial and visionary leader--a ministry expert who is gifted at vision-casting and strategic development for a comprehensive Student Ministry.
· Be excellent at recruitment and development of leaders. Be highly relational
and enjoy investing in people, equipping them to relationally invest in others.
· Have a passion for and ability to relate well with middle and high school students; able to communicate biblical truth in a way that is engaging and relevant to the issues they face.
· The Pastor of Student Ministries reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
· Possess beliefs that are aligned with the Verde Baptist Statements of Faith and Covenants of Fellowship
· Teachable, willing to lead and be led.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in student ministry.
· Degree from an accredited 4 year university or college.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Energetic and self-directed.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Verde Baptist Church
The beginning of Baptist work in Arizona is traced to Rev. J.C. Bristow, who preached the first sermon as a Baptist preacher in Arizona on October 3, 1875, under a large cottonwood tree on the Verde River near present Camp Verde. It was at Middle Verde that he organized the first church in the valley and was their pastor until August 1905. In August 1890 Rev. R.A. Windes came from Middle Verde Church to organize an Upper Verde Baptist Work this work would later be organized and named Verde Baptist Church. More than 100 years later Verde Bapt More...