This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 11/05/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
The River prays for an effective Children's Pastor to lead our multi-site, prayer centered Children's ministry. This is a 28 hour a week position that will have 4 paid children's associates to help lead the ministry. The River is a young family dominated congregation that reaches out to a diverse Kalamazoo culture. Please review job description and e-mail Wil your resume if you're interested... email@example.com
Job Title: Children’s Pastor
Weekly Hours: 28 hours a week
Accountability: Executive Pastor
Children’s Ministry Vision:
To give far from Christ hurting children (infant - 11) a place to belong, believe and become like Jesus.
Major Areas of Leadership:
1. Lead Sunday Children’s Site Pastors
2. Site unity and communication
3. Thursday evening discipleship
5. Staff visionary
Personal walk with Jesus:
Your number one responsibility as a leader at the River is to continue to cultivate intimacy with Jesus. You must be a man/woman of prayer. You must be prayerful and active about how to impact the community and children (“churched” and “un-churched”) for Jesus.
- Participate as an active member in the planning and implementation of Church wide programs that involve Children’s Ministry and nursery.
- Schedule children’s ministers and nursery volunteers accordingly
- Recruit children’s ministers and nursery help through creative communication
- Train skilled and passionate children’s ministers and nursery workers
- Prayerfully be Spirit-led in choosing, writing, and revising curriculum applied within the ministry
- Oversee Children’s Ministry and nursery functions
- Meetings and administration
- Meet regularly with the Executive Pastor
- Work together with other children’s ministry leaders and nursery leaders to utilize resources of all sites
- Maintain good relationships with children and parents through intentional contacts
- Purchase, gather, distribute, and inventory supplies.
- Meet and train children’s leaders at quarterly Leadership Community event
- Meet with River staff every Thursday
1. Organization and administrative skills
2. Strong people skills
3. Ability to delegate responsibilities
Expectations from the River:
1. Prayer with and for the Children’s Ministry
2. Seize opportunities to learn and grow in Children’s Ministry competence
3. Freedom to minister the way God created you to