The Children’s Minister is called to facilitate a meaningful, consistent and dynamic
children’s ministry that will introduce Children to the Word of God and lead them to a genuine desire for a relationship with Christ.
1. Experience: At least 3 years of ministry experience.
2. Experience in working with and teaching children’s classes.
3. Experience in working with and recruiting volunteers.
1. This person will coordinate the children’s departments from birth through 5th grade. This person will be responsible for overall curriculum development for Sunday Children’s Worship, Sunday School Classes, Wednesday Night Program and VBS.
2. The Children’s Minister will also be responsible for the recruitment and training of volunteers to supervise and teach in these children’s areas. The Children’s Minister will encourage our volunteers to display a warm, loving environment where Biblical
truths are learned and where Christian relationships are formed.
3. Coordinate Outreach Events
There are annual outreach events that are oriented toward young children
and their families. (i.e. Trunk or Treat, Children’s Christmas Drama, Red Neck Festival, etc.) The children’s minister will be responsible for or have significant involvement in these events.
4. Coordinate Children’s ministry with overall vision for Horizon Christian Church
a. As a member of the ministry staff, the children’s minister will be expected
to support the vision of the church and integrate the vision through the
entire children’s area.
b. Some church activities require childcare or support from the
children’s ministry. The children’s minister will be expected to help
supply support for these events.
c. To become an active team member of the Horizon Christian’s staff and serve where needed.
5. To serve as a resource to parents and grandparents for the spiritual development
of their children and grandchildren.
6. Create & maintain web calendar of events.
7. Create & co-ordinate service opportunities for our Children.
8. Work closely with Youth Minister to assure smooth transition to youth program.
9. Develop & maintain safety & security (Physically, emotionally & spiritually)
systems for children – especially on Horizon premises & Horizon
a. Background checks for all workers.
b. Create & enforce necessary rules for safety and security.