The major purpose and responsibility of the Minister of Children’s Ministry is to instruct the children to love Christ, the church, and its vision through spiritual development, mentoring, education, service opportunities and social events. The primary aim is to implement the Luke Way for Children which is Experience, Connect, Grow, Serve, and Go.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
- Support the financial obligations of the church through tithe and offerings.
- Be early and prepared for all scheduled meetings.
- Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with Staff/non-staff workers, church membership, school districts, parents and community at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
LIAISON TO SENIOR PASTOR
- Local School Districts
- Provide pertinent information concerning children ministerial operations and trends
- Recruit, train and organize volunteer leaders to help with children’s ministry (i.e. lead Bible studies, plan social or service activities, provide transportation or food, attend the various children events and involve themselves more actively in the lives of the children) by conducting special training projects for children workers and leadership meetings.
- Work with assigned grade levels (nursery to 5th grade) to develop cohesive strategies for children Ministries.
- Prepare monthly schedules for all Children workers.
- Evaluate Children coordinators, leaders, and workers semi-annually
- Establish close relationships with school officials where our children attend.
- Coordinate with Worship Department in scheduling Children Choir Activities.
- Coordinate activities with Ministry leaders of the other children ministries such as Jr. Ushers, Jr. Greeters, Jr. Deacons, etc.
- Research, coordinate, continually assess, and enhance the CHILDREN Christian Educational program (curriculum development) and/or activities.
- Ensure that all programs and ministries in some way fulfill our mission to help children grow toward spiritual maturity.
- Develop and evaluate programs and ministries in conjunction with the ministry leaders. These should minimally include: weekly Sunday morning worship experiences, weekly Bible studies, monthly fellowship/social events, annual spring break and summer activities, and other special events for children, i.e. Let’s Move, birthday celebrations, and holiday celebrations.
- Encourage the integration of children into the life of the church through use and development of their gifts and by connecting them with worship, service, outreach and fellowship
- Investigate and inform parents and children about opportunities for children to attend camps, conventions, and summer mission projects and provide parents with regular opportunities to share concerns, to offer suggestions, or to inform you about specific needs of their children.
- Facilitate effective communication through newsletters, the church web page, personal contacts, bulletin announcements, a calendar of events, reports (as requested), etc.
- Prepare and develop an annual children’s budget in consultation with the Director of Operations.
- Keep Senior Pastor informed of any family/children concerns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Requires a bachelor's degree with experience in the field.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must have a passion for teaching at age appropriate levels using various learning styles, mentoring, and counseling children
- Must possess the following skills: strategic planning, verbal and written communication, motivation, customer service, conflict resolution, multitasking, and project management.
- Must demonstrate the ability to receive instruction, interpret it, develop a plan of action, and communicate to necessary parties.
- Must be a self-motivated person who is able to be effective when working independently without supervision and produce results.
- Must be fun-loving, able to establish genuine relationships with children, parents, and volunteer workers, and not easily frustrated.
- Must have superb organizational skills, be a systematic thinker, and team player.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Kids Ministry Leader (Pastor)Private Profile
- Hayward, California
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20