Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Renaissance Community Church. www.rencomchurch.com
“Our vision is to be a healthy and reproducing church that in Christ develops
the whole person to experience practical, authentic relationships in all areas of life.”
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor, in coordination
with the worship planning team, will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way
that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in
Please provide media presentation.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of RCC.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has developed a music ministry over the past few years? College degree preferred.
- Keyboard and guitar skills.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not necessarily mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a small or large church in worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, video projection, graphic design and web-site development.
- Ability to incorporate other musical styles and art forms as needed.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship at RCC.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of RCC.
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor and the worship planning team, plan the corporate worship services of RCC. Through prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness, ensure that all the musical and technical aspects
of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and drama or dance at RCC.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services at RCC.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services at RCC.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Compensation: This is a full time position with a salary (26-36k) commensurate with experience and education.