This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Hope Family Church
sioux falls, South Dakota, United States
Date Posted: 11/05/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Church of the Nazarene
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
NHFC is a contemporary, relevant church reaching families with children & youth. We use various methods to present the timeless message of Jesus Christ’s saving power! This is a fun environment with virtually no limits to ministry possibilities. We are a growing church, currently averaging 150-200 in attendance with peaks as high as 500 during special services. Our church uses sports ministries, a high-tech environment, a great web presence and much more to reach our community for Christ.
We are looking for an energetic, creative individual with a heart and passion to make the children and youth ministries of NHFC something every child wants to participate in. This individual must have a desire to see children and youth come to know, love, and follow Jesus Christ. This is a leadership and teaching position, therefore ability to teach children/youth and lead adult volunteers is necessary to succeed.
• Strong evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Love kids and desire to build relationships with them.
• Ability to lead competent teachers and a volunteer staff of more than twenty.
• Ability to encourage, challenge, and motivate spiritual growth in volunteer teachers/helpers.
• Ability to provide continuous teaching and training to volunteer teachers/helpers.
• Ability to lead teachers/helpers to growth in their spiritual lives and ability to work with kids/youth.
• Willingness to partner with parents and communicate well for the best interest of the kids/youth.
• Creative ability to think outside the box and create/change environments and programs often for greater learning and retention.
• Must be passionate about ministry to children/youth and Intentional about making it happen.
• Skill to work independently and meet deadlines and project priorities.
• Desire and ability to work in a fun and cooperative staff environment including regular retreats, staff get-togethers, and weekly staff meetings and prayer.
• Lead Teaching Every Week during one of NHFC’s Services.
• Praying for the children/youth and ministries of NHFC.
• Create and manage a child/youth-friendly area and themed sets.
• Fiscal responsibility for annual budget.
• Continuing training for self and volunteer staff.
• Meet weekly in a small group of adults for personal spiritual development.
• Assist with general associate duties.
• Tues-Fri work week (8am – 5pm, 1 hour lunch), plus volunteer hours
• Full-time pay and benefits including health, vision, dental, pto, and day-care.
• Great staff environment, retreats, and continuing education