This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hauser Community Church
North Bend, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 11/04/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
To partner with parents in equipping teens for lasting growth toward spiritual maturity.
To reach unchurched teens with the gospel of Christ.
To model growing spiritual maturity, rooted in the Scriptures he teaches.
1. To encourage and equip parents in their role of raising godly children.
2. To develop and lead a full-orbed youth ministry that includes; Worship, Fellowship, Evangelism, Discipleship, and Ministry.
3. To model and exhort the application of God’s truth to life.
4. To creatively develop venues where teens will understand and apply Truth, including; camps, retreats, mission trips and events.
5. To prepare teens for ongoing spiritual growth through connection with adults and experience in small group ministry.
6. To mentor youth leaders and volunteers who work with youth toward greater maturity.
7. To create a safe place for teens, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
8. Other pastoral responsibilities as directed by the Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor and works under his leadership.
2. Peer of other pastoral staff, a team member with the other church ministries.
3. Not automatically a member of the Elder Board, but growing into the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9.
1. Demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ and to continual spiritual growth.
2. A life-long learner in both spiritual and professional realms.
3. Connects extremely well with teens. Able to relate to adults as peers.
4. Demonstrates utmost integrity in relationships with minors and has appropriate relational boundaries.
5. Committed to team ministry centered on the Word of God.
6. Full endorsement of the Constitution and Statement of Faith of Hauser Community Church and remain a member in good-standing.
Education and Experience
1. Two years Bible College minimum, Bachelor’s degree in biblical studies preferred.
2. Two years experience in youth ministry, minimum. Some experience in a multi-staff ministry desired.
3. Clear sense of God’s call to youth ministry.