This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Grace Fellowship Church
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 11/04/2008
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Manages a Staff: Yes; Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Office Management, IT, and the Resource Center / Book Store.
Job Purpose Summary: To develop and implement strategic plans to support the GFC Ministry Teams, in the following functional areas: Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Office Management, IT, and the Resource Center / Book Store.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Plan, develop and implement strategy for administrative management so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales (covering relevant administrative functional areas - i.e., Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Office Management, IT, and the Resource Center / Book Store).
2. Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of administrative functional areas.
3. Manage and develop direct reporting staff.
4. Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
5. Liaise with Ministry Pastors so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of administrative development, and to ensure they are fully informed of administrative objectives, purposes and achievements.
6. Business and financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes and personnel involved.
7. Manage all accounts receivables, accounts payable, cash management, credit cards, etc, at GFC.
8. Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, pay and benefits, contracts, HR records, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development, performance appraisals, and new hire assimilation).
9. Compliance, reporting and accounting as per federal, state, and local regulatory and legal requirements; examples are, but not all inclusive; Taxation, EEOC, OSHA, Health, Safety, Security, etc.
10. Ensure GFC Policies and Procedures Manuals are up to date, and communicated to GFC staff.
11. Manage all external vendor contacts and contracts required in the operation of GFC.
12. Manage the facilities and maintenance of all GFC properties. This includes the leadership and oversight of all construction projects.
13. Manage the Office Management at GFC.
14. Manage IT requirements and support.
15. Coach and teach the Ministry Pastors the business aspects of GFC.
16. Management and coordination of major projects; i.e., project management.
Attitude and Effort:
1. You are expected to set a consistent work schedule in conjunction with your supervisor and you should come to work on time with a positive and encouraging attitude and a servant’s heart. Expect the same from your team.
2. You are responsible to give your best and do your work with excellence and expect the same from your team.
3. You are expected to openly, lovingly, strongly, and persuasively express your convictions, ideas and concerns in appropriate settings. Once decisions are made there should be loyalty and support for them whether or no they reflect your original views and the needs of your ministry. Expect the same from your team.
1. A servant’s heart; a willingness and desire to meet the needs of the GFC congregation in support of the GFC Ministry Teams.
2. Senior leadership experience.
3. Prefer 10 + years business experience, preferably with knowledge of Finance Planning, and Federal, State, and Local law compliance requirements.
4. Ability to strategically plan and implement annual business plans.
5. Ability to recruit, develop, and retain talent.
6. Ability to effectively communicate to all levels in the church; staff, peers, Lead Pastor, Elders, the congregation.
7. Previous work experience in a church environment would be ideal, but not required; could be in a staff, volunteer, or committee capacity.