This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Hill Country Bible Church Pflugerville
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/04/2008
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
NOTE: It seems the ChurchStaffing email system is not working properly. Please email resume's to Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!!!!! Sorry for the inconvenience.
The purpose of the Outreach Pastor is to equip and mobilize our church family in evangelism so that people locally, regionally, and globally are hearing the gospel and experiencing the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
1. Develop and submit an annual Ministry Plan (IPP) for each area of the Outreach Ministry.
2. Submit and manage the approved budget for the Outreach Ministry.
3. Plan, manage, and coordinate the Outreach Ministry Calendar with the Church-Wide Calendar.
4. Lead two discipleship groups a year with 2-5 guys in each group.
5. Perform other duties as assigned including pastoral duties (e.g., counseling, weddings, and funerals).
I. TO EQUIP AND MOBILIZE OUR CHURCH FAMILY IN PERSONAL EVANGELISM (30%).
A. Create venues and opportunities for basic and advanced training on how to share the gospel.
B. Recruit a team of teachers who can model and equip others to share the gospel.
C. Pursue the goal where every member is equipped and engaged in intentional evangelism (knows a tool and works an impact list).
D. Organize 1-3 evangelistic events a year to supplement the personal evangelism of members.
E. Gather and distribute life-change stories for communication and celebration.
II. TO MOBILIZE VOLUNTEERS TO SERVE IN COMMUNITY COMPASSION MINISTRIES WITH THE GOAL OF MEETING THE LOCAL, MATERIAL, EMOTIONAL, AND SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF PEOPLE (50%).
A. Establish and maintain working relationships with key people in the community with whom compassion ministry can be coordinated.
B. Recruit, train, and lead a team of coordinators who will in turn recruit, train, and lead teams of volunteers to serve in specific areas of compassion ministry.
C. Create a venue for motivating CC workers by focusing them on the vision and value of their service
D. Gather and distribute life-change stories for communication and celebration.
III. TO ASSIST THE LEAD PASTOR IN ADVANCING OUR REGIONAL CHURCH-PLANTING STRATEGY TO REACH EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD IN THE GREATER AUSTIN AREA (10%).
A. Assist with research and site selection.
B. Assist with coaching planters.
C. Assist with organizing and promoting circles of accountability.
IV. TO LEAD A TEAM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MOBILAZATION OF PEOPLE AND THE STEWARDSHIP OF FUNDS NECESSARY TO REACHING PEOPLE GLOBALLY IN KEEPING WITH THE STRATEGY AND GEOGRAPHY APPROVED BY THE ELDERS (10%).
A. To recruit and lead a GO team Coordinator and team to carry out the objectives of the Global Outreach Ministry.
B. To work with the GO Team to distribute the GO Funds according to the plans and priorities approved by the Elders.
C. To recruit team leads and volunteers for 3-5 short-term mission trips per year with the goal of sending 10% of our members on a mission trip per year.
D. To facilitate communication and prayer between the church and our missionaries.
E. To develop and implement an inter-generational plan for missions education including an annual GO Sunday.
F. Gather and distribute life-changing stories for communication and celebration.
1. Reports to the Lead Pastor.
2. Works with elders, staff pastors, and office assistants.
1. A consistent and intimate walk with God
2. A strong family life (if married)
3. Theological depth (theological training preferred)
4. Leadership competence (recruiting, shepherding, leading, & administration)
5. Commitment to personal ministry (evangelism and discipleship)