Campus Pastor Job Description
Are you a spiritual entrepreneur and pastor? Can you knit together and build a community of spiritual skeptics, explorers and committed Christians? Do you recognize your own brokenness and are able to pastor others who also are? Can you nurture and
coalesce a band of believers and non-believers, wherever they are on their journey? If this quickens your heart, then we want to hear from you.
Lake Forest Church, a 14-year-old, vibrant and rapidly-growing congregation of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, is seeking a pastor for its third campus in the Denver, North Carolina area, just north of Charlotte. The laser beam vision of LFC is reaching
people who have given up on church but not on God. We presently are a church of 1,500–2,000 people in four services between two campuses. In the planning for over a year, the need for our third campus is motivated by the growing need for our unique ministry
in the west Lake Norman area.
- Spiritual leader of the regional congregation
- Work with other LFC pastors to cast and execute the Lake Forest vision
- Identify, recruit and develop key ministry leaders and teams, both staff and volunteer
- Lead the weekly worship services
- Pastor the congregation
- Our first choice is for live preaching, with the Campus Pastor preaching regularly at this campus
- Manage the campus budget with oversight from the Executive Director and Elders
- A clear and compelling testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a life that reflects the fruit of the Holy Spirit
- An experienced track record of self-motivated building, growth and development for the Kingdom
- Must successfully undergo assessment for church planting gifts required for a startup church
- Preaching gifts commensurate with the Lake Forest preaching team
- Undergraduate degree required and M.Div. preferred
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the Lead Pastor and the Pastoral Leadership Team.
If you feel called to inquire, please send your letter of inquiry with resume to Suzanne Powell, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Campus Pastor” in the subject line of your email. We invite you to find out more about us at www.lakeforest.org