Mission of the Position: The Choir Director/ Praise & Worship Leader is responsible for developing an adult praise & worship choir who is able to perform songs from a wide variety of
Urban Gospel Musical styles, both traditional and current. A visionary & builder that will develop leaders and other choirs such as a Youth Choir, Children’s Choir, et al.
Supervision: The Choir Director/ Praise & Worship Leader is under the direct supervision of the Music Director and the Senior Pastor.
- A committed Christian who is deepening their personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Music is preferred, but at least 5 years of experience leading adult choirs.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of Urban Gospel musical styles and the ability to teach these varying styles to the choir.
- Must be able to sing and teach parts effectively.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Comprehensive computer skills
- Possess effective communication skills
- A visionary and a builder.
- Must be able to provide relevant references and or samples of your musical style.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and lead the choir during weekly Sunday worship services, mid-week service and lead weekly scheduled rehearsals.
- Assist the choir in the memorization of the music.
- Assist the Music Director with major musical events, i.e. Christmas Musical Drama, Christmas Eve service and Easter services, New Year’s Eve, etc.
- Recruit and develop new choir members.
- Provide information to the church office on music selection for each week.
- Work within a departmental budget.