- Church Description: First Presbyterian is a Jesus centered, Bible teaching church....with a lot of humor! In the last 4 years 435 people have become Christians at FPC, almost 200 last year alone. More than 60% of new members are either by conversion or reaffirmation of faith. Our strategy for winning people to allegiance to Jesus is working -- we are a lighthouse in our community, with people driving as far as 60 miles to worship. The staff is long-term, most exceeding 12 years at FPC. It is a very creative and fun bunch. Our TV and radio ministries reach the entire county, and are one reason we keep growing. The music and arts in worship is simply excellent with many professionals volunteering. Our Sunday School ministry has superb leadership with a Master Teacher hired with years of experience. A feature of FPC is the number of men won to Christ as well as the youth of the congregation, although we are also surging this year in Seniors ministry. Another feature of FPC is we are 35% young Hispanic families! Economically we represent every level. Finally, we are in the process of leaving our Presbyterian denomination and seeking one in alignment with our emphasis on Jesus and the Word of God. See our website for worship clips, photos of our superb worship center as well as our traditional stained glass sanctuary, and our extensive programming.
II. Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to the Senior Pastor and The Elders
III. Position Responsibilities: The Executive Director (Pastor) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the church in 4 broad areas: supervising and mentoring staff; lead staff in planning that fulfills FPC’s purpose; prioritizing; evaluating staff and ministries effectiveness.
IV. Personality Traits: A leader; spiritually mature (I Tim 3); strong organization and problem solving skills; visionary goal oriented person who sees the big picture; a self-starter who initiates; a decision maker with strong relational skills; self-confidence with a servant’s heart; passionate about FPC’s purpose (To save the unsaved); fun; sense of humor; infectious motivator; coaching skills; integrity and loyalty.
V. Position Description:
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to pray, clarify vision, goals, adjustments to opportunities, strategy and implementation.
- Lead the staff in implementing a strategy to reach a changing society with the Gospel and to make fully devoted followers of Jesus.
- Lead and coach the program staff in individual goal-setting and accountability to those goals and to the personal behavior described in our 'staff climate' statement collaboratively developed by the staff.
- Prepare the agenda for and lead weekly staff meetings.
- Bi-annual evaluations of program staff (except Worship Director who reports directly to and works with the Lead Pastor) and review of compensation.
- Prepares the agenda for Elder meetings and co-leads with the Lead Pastor.
- Is a member of the Session, Stewardship and Finance Committee and coaches it in implementing a comprehensive stewardship approach that includes our Building Fund.
- Has final responsibility for advertisements for special church-wide events such as Christmas on Main Street.
- In collaboration with the Personnel Committee handles personnel problems if any should arise.
- Coaches appropriate committees and leaders to accomplish the purpose of FPC in a coordinated team manner. Re-organizes whenever necessary.
- Desirable, but not essential, to enrich and lead the tri-annual new members class and incorporate them into the body life of FPC.
- Desirable, but not essential, to lead traditional worship service at the Padre sanctuary.
VI. Other Duties, Responsibilities & Understandings
- The normal staff workweek is Monday through Friday. Saturday is staff day off (except for weddings and other special events) usually Sunday afternoon.
- Two nights out per week is not unusual for staff, and sometimes 3 in high seasons like Christmas.
- Meets weekly or as scheduled with Senior Pastor to review goals, to do lists, budget expenditures, etc. to ensure timely completion and accountability. Comes to meetings prepared to report on progress and to discuss issues requiring attention and/or follow up.
- Represents FPC to staff, congregation and the community by setting an example of Christian living and integrity in personal, spiritual and professional life.
- Supports and furthers FPC philosophy of ministry and purpose statement.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Ministries Pastor/DirectorSpring Lake Church
- Green Bay, Wisconsin
- August 22
Lead PastorCovenant Community Church
- Vacaville, California
- August 20
Director of Lay MinistriesNeffsville Mennonite Church
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- August 17
Executive DirectorChurch of the Saviour
- Wayne, Pennsylvania
- August 16
Executive PastorChurch of the Beloved
- Chicago, Illinois
- August 15
First Presbyterian Church
FPC is leaving the Presbyterian denomination of PC(USA) and aligning with a conservative, Jesus-centered one, and the reason is we are Bible-based and evangelism centered. The purpose of FPC is 'To save the unsaved'. We have grown from little more than 200 in worship to around 2000, with a dynamic worship ministry and 2 locations. The church is very unified; the people buy the vision; relationships are a top priority. See www.fpcsalinas.org for worship examples and ministries.More...