The Worship Arts Ministry (C.O.R.E. Creative) of newhope Church, has an opening for a full time administrative assistant/volunteer coordinator, starting immediately. Qualifications include
detail-oriented, good people and communications skills and experience in administrative support, preferably in a ministry context and ideally in the area of music and worship.
This position is for a very special person who is multi-talented. This position is full time.
Outline of Skills needed and Job Responsibilities are listed below:
- Someone who is committed to Christ, loves our church and believes in the vision of Reach, Teach & Release.
- Someone who has a knack for organization and can help support administrative efforts.
- Someone who has a knack for bringing energy and success to event planning
- A people oriented person who can effectively recruit and work with volunteers and staff.
- Someone who can see the big picture and help strategically plan and implement an overall ministry plan that is pro-growth.
- Someone who has a gift of encouragement to work with Church volunteers and Campus staff and volunteers to help bring out the best in people.
- Someone who loves worship music & working with musicians
- Someone who is committed to Christ, loves our church and believes in the vision of Reach, Teach & Release. (Yeah, we listed this twice)
C.O.R.E. Creative Minsitry
newhope Church—Durham, NC -- Spring 2013
POSITION TITLE: C.O.R.E. Administrative Assistant/Volunteer Assimilator
SUPERVISOR’S NAME/TITLE: Brian Fuller, Worship Arts Pastor (WP)
Under the direction of the Pastor of Worship (WP), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to him (her), the worship staff and ministry teams. This person increases the efficiency and effectiveness of those he/she supports with his/her administrative skills. He/she also sets a tone of responsiveness, encouragement, and professionalism in the church office environment. In summary, this position requires solid skills in Communication, Organization and Hospitality.
I. Assistant to the Pastor of Worship
A. Maintain Worship Pastor’s calendar & Global Worship Calendar
B. Maintain volunteer on boarding website (No Web Design skills Necessary)
C. Schedule any and all appointments, meetings, conferences for WP and department as requested
D. Screen all calls coming in related to worship ministry
E. Systematize department to make it user-friendly for volunteers
F. Maintain accurate records and track budget progress for expenditures, including check requests, credit card receipts, deposits, etc.
G. Plan periodic gestures of appreciation for volunteers
H. Maintain neat, orderly work environment
I. Help keep our artists organized and on the ball with details and information
II. Worship/Event Administration
1. Assist in selection of worship content (as gifted) for weekend worship
2. Recruit, train, and assist volunteers for clerical assignments
3. Coordinate facility request for Worship Center usage
4. Provide bulletin and weekly department newsletter articles as needed
5. Assist in production of weekly worship arts newsletter; post on website and print for distribution
6. Keep up-to-date records for CCLI (Church Copyright License)
7. Prepare music for Worship Leaders/Choir members/Instrumentalists (No Musical skills necessary)
8. In consultation with WP and Senior Pastor, prepare agenda for worship planning team
9. Serve as scribe for all meetings and distribute minutes to all team members
III. Special Events/Services
1. Oversee preparation of order for program on PCO/pro-presenter
2. Secure instrumentalists, guest musicians
3. Prepare and distribute any necessary contracts
4. Secure sound technician
5. Request room set up and takedown
IV. Other Worship/Arts Ministries/Communion
1. Announcement for bulletin
2. Act as liaison between WP and volunteer coordinator related to communion supplies, placement in worship service, and method of distribution
3. Schedule teams for serving when needed
Gifts and Abilities Needed to Accomplish Job Duties and Be Happy Doing Them:
>committed follower of Christ
>outstanding organizational skills
>workable knowledge of music terminology
>excellent computer skills
>open to learning new things
>self-starter, fast paced & high energy
>patience to deal with creative people
If interested, please submit the following three items:
- Introduction Letter
- Current Resume with Recent Photo
- Favorite Worship Song & Why
DO NOT send Resumes or emails through Church Staffing.com.
To be considered, please Email Pastor Fuller directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include
the Subject Line “You gotta read this!”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Music DirectorRural Shade Baptist Church
- Cleveland, Texas
- December 8
graceKIDS! Assistant (Oviedo Campus)Grace Church
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
General and Ministry Staff AdministratorHarvest Bible Chapel West Minneapolis
- Maple Grove, Minnesota
- December 8
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
In ten short years, this church has gone from consisting of Pastor Benji, Amy Lynn, and their three children, to a movement that is sweeping across central North Carolina and beyond! In the church’s short time of existence, newhope has grown to a community of faith of 4,000 people who regularly attend one of three Worship Celebrations at the Central Campus (8:45 am, 10:45 am, 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm) each Sunday, one of the three Worship Celebrations at the Garner Campus (9:00 am, 11:00 am and 4:30 pm) or one of two Worship Celebrations at More...