Arcadia Presbyterian Church Child Development Center (CDC) is seeking a visionary and dynamic leader
to direct its Child Development Center.
Arcadia Presbyterian Church and Child Development Center Mission and Vision
Arcadia Presbyterian Church is theologically conservative and evangelical in its mission. The Church places emphasis on international missions and has six racial ethnic Churches on the campus.
Our highly regarded school, established in 1970, provides a planned program offering infants through pre-kindergarteners opportunities for social and emotional growth as well as preparation for Kindergarten. Our campus preschool is an integral part of the
outreach ministries of Arcadia Presbyterian Church. Our mission is to provide high quality child care and early education experiences in a faith based environment. In a setting that promotes Christian values, the school welcomes families
of all cultures, traditions and religions. Infants through pre-kindergartener’s engage in a hands-on, developmentally appropriate, play based program. Surrounded by a long term, loving and caring staff, participating children from the community and congregation,
experience school readiness activities and strengthen their social skills.
The CDC is a church related center and the Director must have a commitment to Arcadia Presbyterian Church’s vision and ministry. The CDC Director is the administrator of the Arcadia Presbyterian Church Child Development Center, is a member of the Church
staff, and is responsible for all aspects of the school program. The Director reports to the CDC Board, the Church’s Pastor, the Director of Family and Children’s Ministry, and the Community Outreach Committee.
All candidates must
- be professionally trained in nursery school work and meet California State requirements for childcare center directors.
- Have five years minimum experience in school administration
- Have completion of B.A. to M.A. (Highly desirable).
- Person of committed Christian faith,
- Regularly participate in the life of a local church.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the CDC meets the requirements of Title 22 Licensing regulations.
- Oversee the curriculum and operation of the CDC.
- Assign the students to their respective groups and teachers and keep daily attendance .
- Serve on the CDC Advisory Board
- Help prepare and maintain the budget, with the Board and Church Trustees approval.
- Organize and oversee the CDC Parent Directory and E-Mail list.
Children, Family and Community
- Conduct parent & child tours of the Center.
- Interview parents at enrollment and maintain a positive relationship with parents.
- Build relationships with community, including other schools, and charitable organizations.
- Participate in NAEYC professional organization for the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Participate in the Church Related Early Childhood Fellowship Organization.
- Manage and motivate the CDC staff team.
- Evaluate the CDC staff annually and make recommendations to the Board and Personnel
Committee regarding personnel actions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both children and adults.
- Demonstrated competence in cross-cultural communication abilities within a Mandarin
- Ability to establish positive and long-lasting relationships with families, children, CDC and Church staff and members.
Interviewing for the position will begin May 1st, 2013. Those interested in this position may apply
- a letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement,
- a copy of your transcripts verifying Title 22 Licensing regulations are met,
- a current resume and a complete
- list of three or more personal and professional references, one of which must be a letter of recommendation from your Pastor. Please send all application materials to:
Director of CDC Search Committee
Arcadia Presbyterian Church Child Development Center
121 Alice Street Arcadia, Calif. 91006
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org