Summary of Position:
The Executive Pastor of Student Ministries provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s Student Ministries including 5th grade through college/young adult. They should develop vision and infrastructure for this area that
is in keeping with the church’s ministry strategies and philosophy.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family.
They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large.
They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own.
In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
· Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
· Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
· Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
· Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
· 3 years full time ministry experience (experience in a church of
2,000 or more preferred)
· Applicant should have experience leading student ministries including 5th grade-College.
· As a minimum applicants should have an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
· Applicants should have strengths in the following areas: leadership, administration, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities.
· Articulate in writing their philosophy of ministry and the strategy and steps that properly reflect that philosophy.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate how they have already accomplished this in their current or past ministry settings.
· Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
· Oversee and lead the directors and pastors of all student ministries including 5/6th grade, Jr. High, High School and College/Young Adults.
· Manage, invest in, develop, and coach a paid staff team.
· Build consensus, symmetry, and integration, on and through a team.
· Work directly with senior leadership to implement vision and strategies that move the church towards a desired future.
· Design clear courses of action and implement steps with measurable goals that move the student ministry and Cornerstone towards making vision reality.
· Serve as a teaching pastor for different areas of ministry within the church as needed.
· Participate in annual job performance reviews and monthly evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org