JOB DESCRIPTION FOR COASTAL COMMUNITY CHURCH:
***PLEASE EMAIL Resumes / Media instead of calling***
As of July 1 this position is STILL OPEN.
Coastal Community Church is a non-denominational church is Charleston, SC. For many years the church was about 100-150 people, however in the last four years the church has grown and now averages around 375-400 people a Sunday. Due to our
rapid growth and limited venue we will start building a new Multi-purpose Worship Center this Fall (2013) with the goal to finish before Easter of 2014. We are looking to find a Worship Arts Pastor who will be able to take us to the next level in our worship,
especially as we get ready for the new building. Excellence in worship has been a key ingredient in the growth of Coastal, so we are striving to find someone who can continue to take the church to the next level. The new Worship Center will have all top
of the line equipment (i.e. digital board, in-ear monitors, LED lighting, etc). For a church our size we have excellent musicians, a very competent sound / lighting team, and have the advantage of our current Worship Pastor (now transitioning to Connections
Pastor) to help train up our new Worship Arts Pastor.
Coastal has wide demographic of people that attend, however the main demographic of the church is young families (20's / 30's / 40's). We have an enormous focus on Evangelism and doing everything possible to reach the unchurched. Because this is where the
majority our growth has come from it means we need to step up our ability to connect new people and develop healthy discipleship. This is why our current Worship Pastor is looking to shift more into this role of connecting people, overseeing volunteers, and
taking our discipleship to the next level. He will also be overseeing the new worship leader as he develops and transitions into his role.
This is a full-time position. This person will work at a minimum of 40 hours a week, however there is an expectation to go above and beyond, as many weeks there will be an expectation for staff to work many hours. We work six days a week,
taking off Saturdays, however because of this we try to create space during other times during the week (i.e. it is not uncommon to take off Friday afternoon, Sunday afternoons after church, etc.). Schedules are very flexible, depending on the week and responsibilities.
This person will have two weeks of paid vacation a year.
This person will have the experience and ability to do the following:
- This person must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to work at a church who reaches the lost, and a desire to be in full-time vocational ministry.
- This person must have the desire to learn, grow, and be spiritually led
- Must be able to lead worship (preferably on guitar) and sing
- Must be familiar with the style of songs we play: Chris Tomlin, Hillsong / Hillsong United, Kristian Stanfill, Jesus Culture (Bethel Church), etc.
- Must have experience with leading other musicians
- Must have experience developing new musicians
- Have knowledge of sound equipment (and can learn what you don't know)
- Be able to learn about our lighting system
- Use of graphic design, video editing, etc. a plus
- Must be able to learn about set design / lighting design
- Must be willing to learn about Media Production
- Must be able to learn how to plan services start to finish (based on the vision for the series or service), including music, set design, special pieces, media elements (video / graphics), etc.
- Familiarity with Planning Center, Pro Presenter recommended
Hours / Other Responsibilities / Misc:
- Staff Meeting (3 hours on Mondays)
- Thursday Night Worship Practice, Wednesday Night Student Worship, 3 Services on Sunday Morning (until we move to the new building next spring)
- Saturdays the office is closed and is used as a Sabbath
- Office hours are flexible, but this is a full-time position
Compensation: Salary offered is $30,000 a year.
PLEASE SEND EMAILS TO THE FOLLOWING: firstname.lastname@example.org