Purpose: To edify the body, by encouraging and equipping parents to disciple their families, and leading the children and youth ministries of First Baptist Church, to the glory of God.
1) To disciple parents and equip them to disciple their families in the home.
2) To come alongside parents in discipling their families by leading the children and youth ministries of First Baptist Church.
3) To assist the senior pastor in ministering to the members of First Baptist Church.
1) To meet and communicate with the staff and elders as to the direction of the family ministries of First Baptist Church.
2) To plan, arrange and coordinate the leadership of the Youth and Children’s ministries of First Baptist Church.
3) To work with the Board of Christian Education, Youth Ministry Team, and Children’s Ministry Team to develop and implement the family ministries programs of First Baptist Church.
4) To plan and coordinate opportunities for the discipleship of families (training).
5) To attend weekly staff meetings.
6) To be involved in the community according to individual gifts and abilities.
1) Minimum BA degree, preferably in Bible, Education, Youth Ministries, Family Ministries or related field.
2) Advanced degree will be considered, but not required for the position.
3) Three to five years experience in discipleship, family and/or youth ministries.
4) Experienced in public speaking to include delivering sermons.
5) Experienced in planning, time management, teaching and mentoring.
6) Experienced in recruiting and nurturing lay leaders to be teachers, youth leaders, small group leaders, etc.
1) Demonstrated love for the Lord
2) Married man with school age children
Full Time (40 hrs/wk minimum)
Additional information about the ministries of the church is available on the church website at www.fbccville.org
Please submit resumes and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org