The Bridge Church is an Acts 29 friendly church in Spring Hill, TN that has grown from 80 to 500 since 2008. This growth curve coupled with a disproportionately large number of kids and students in our city, has created a growing need for
leadership of our Kids and Student Ministries.
The Family Ministries Pastor will be the primary leader and visionary for all things Kids and Students. In a city with 40% of the population under the age of 18, this person must have big missional vision, be competent to build and lead large volunteer teams,
entrepreneurial to creatively build ministries from the ground up in a leadership environment with a great deal of freedom, and have an unyielding love for Jesus and students. The Family Ministries Pastor will facilitate the development and implementation
of effective ministry to families in our community and come alongside parents in the discipleship process of kids and students. To put it simply, we are looking for a godly, pastoral, experienced, and visionary leader who can join our pastoral team and saturate
the enormous number of kids and students in our city with the gospel.
- Thriving in your walk with Jesus, resulting in a life lived in obedience to the character qualities of an elder as outlined in Scripture.
- Genuine servant-leader who is spiritual maturity.
- Visionary leader, forward thinker, self-directed, willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communicator with preaching/teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth.
- A solid, like-minded theological background (for a reference point, Bridge leadership is close friends with the Acts 29 church planting network).
- Willingness to fulfill the membership requirements of The Bridge.
- Preferred experience in leading a successful kids and/or student ministry.
- B.A. or equivalent experience required (preferred Education or Ministry degree).
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full responsibility of the success of Bridge Kids and Student ministries.
- Oversee student and kids volunteer staff and resident interns (training, coaching, pastoring).
- Lead and empower volunteer teams to engage and disciple kids and students.
- Responsible for pioneering a missionally effective student ministry environment!
- Empower and equip parents in their roles as the spiritual leaders of their families and provide leadership to parents/students/kids exploring salvation.
- Continually evaluate trends in Student Ministry, implementing the best quality environment(s) that we can offer to kids, students, and families while evaluating sustainability and impact.
- Empower volunteer leaders in the coordination of retreats and other special events.
SCHEDULE: Sunday - Thursday
HOURS: 45+ per week (must be available for special events, meetings, etc. as needed)
VACATION: 2 weeks + 1 week between Christmas and New Years
If you’re an excellent leader with a heart that bleeds for kids and students and possess and unyielding love for Jesus, please send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. It would also be great if you let us know your twitter handle and facebook url (neither are required). You can also find out more about our church by visiting
BridgeSH.com (read blogs and download sermons).
We were also voted as the "2013 Best Place to work in Spring Hill, TN" by all 3 of our full-time staff members :)!