Niceville UMC is a growing church of over 2,700 in attendance during weekend services, split between 2 campuses and 9 weekend worship services. Our vision, and sole passion, is “Connecting People to Christ”, and we do that by “Building a Community where people can Come as they are, Meet Christ, Grow in their Faith, and Find a place to Serve.” We have both contemporary (of various kinds) and traditional worship styles.
Position Title: Visual Arts Director
Date: April 1, 2013
Supervisor: Teaching Pastor
Works within the structure of the Creative Arts Team, including the Teaching Pastor, Audio/Visual Technicians, Worship Leaders, support staff, and volunteer artists and technicians.
This person is responsible for all video production on the Niceville Campus. They will also provide overall leadership for various volunteer artist teams related to producing visual arts elements for our weekend services (Saturday night and Sunday morning).
Demonstrates the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ- loving God and loving others, exhibiting
a desire to live in relationship with those within the church and without, and is willing to live according to a staff covenant.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Media/Video/Production related major
- Experienced leading teams. We need someone who can lead teams, not just create good videos.
- Demonstrates the ability to create professional quality short form video productions; primarily interviews and “mini-movies”.
- Experienced with all pre and post production: including creating scripts, selecting locations, booking talent, all scheduling, using artificial lighting and capturing high quality audio, create computer graphics and special effects, using HD tapeless workflow in both studio and location environments.
- Experience with NLE systems, preferably Final Cut Studio.
- Additional Experience required: After Effects or Motion, Photoshop
- Familiarity with outputting video for playback on ProPresenter/MediaShout presentation programs
- Familiarity with editing streaming video output saved in Flash/.mp4 formats
- A/V experience would be a positive.
- Characteristics: Innovative, Initiator who sets and achieves goals, team builder, strong verbal and written communication skills, willing to do whatever it takes, team player, detail oriented, able to maintain a budget.
- Requirements: Become a member of Niceville UMC and affirm the vision and direction of Niceville UMC.
- Minister to the people you lead.
- Produce professional quality videos, and train a team to assist, for our weekend worship services, and for other ministry areas as approved and needed.
- Build and lead all other volunteer artist teams related to the Visual Arts ministry area, including: video, staging, drama, and others as needed.
- Work within a team environment to creatively plan and execute worship elements.
- Meet in pre-production, ascertain creative needs, suggest solutions, organize the process of the work flow and execute it (book talent, shoot, produce, edit, mix, etc…).
- Capture footage, or have your team capture footage, of various church activities that happen off campus for later use.
- Assist the Technical Director in Producing the weekend services.
- Edit streaming sermon video to be put online.
Please submit resume, references, and a link to your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30