Manchester United Methodist Church, a 3,300 member church in suburban St. Louis with a rich history of musical excellence and dynamic worship, is hiring a person to direct their Contemporary Music Program. Seeking a motivated individual with strong interpersonal
skills and experience leading vocal and instrumental contemporary music. An accomplished keyboard player or vocalist is preferred.
The program currently consists of one worship service with plans to expand to two services, each with a Praise and Worship Team, including band members. This is a salaried, half time position requiring 20-25 hrs./week.
Please submit current resume, representative materials and worship bulletins to: Manchester U.M.C.
attn: Kevin McBeth
129 Woods Mill Rd
Manchester, MO. 63011
Recordings / video are encouraged, but cannot be returned. Materials will be accepted until the position is filled.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit and provide musical & spiritual leadership for participants in the Contemporary Worship program.
- Select, purchase and maintain music for worship and special events. Secure arrangements as needed.
- Provide leadership for a weekly contemporary worship service. (Keyboard player or vocal worship leader, preferred)
- Provide leadership and insight to the design and creation of a new worship “experience” geared to reaching the 20-30 age range.
- Routinely interface with Contemporary Worship staff in planning weekly services, and with MUMC’s Music Staff.
Hours: 20-25 hours
Salary Range: $17,000 - $19,000