JOB TITLE: HIGH SCHOOL DIRECTOR
The High School Director will oversee the High School Ministry and maintain high standards for program execution, leadership development and parent involvement. They will also provide insight into the needs of High School students and families in their involvement on the Family Ministries Team.
Reports to: Family Ministry Pastor
Works with: Family Ministries Team, Westminster Staff and Congregation
The High School Director will oversee all High School Program from Sunday Morning ministry and Mid-week programming to special events and various Westminster Chapel (WC) programming.
Within The Family Ministry Department:
- Oversee the planning and execution of all High School focused programming.
- Serve as the primary communicator in all High School formats.
- Act as the first point of contact for High School students in need and help resource them with our volunteer staff and counseling services.
- Oversee our student-led Homeless Ministry to Downtown Seattle.
- Equip and provide resources for our current High School small group structure.
- Plan, train and go with our Student Missions team to Guatemala each summer.
- Work with Student and Family Ministries team for special events and collaborative efforts in program and support.
- Support and grow current volunteer leadership structure for High School Ministry.
- Maintain and further develop student leadership teams (worship, tech, student café, connections and leadership) throughout Student Ministry.
Within Westminster Chapel:
- Serves as a member of the Family Ministries Team.
- Represent Family Ministries throughout the church.
- Support other ministries whenever and wherever available.
- Is constantly pursuing a deeper relationship with Christ. Has a passion for God which is exhibited in clear obedience to his Spirit and Word.
- Is willing to become a member of WC and make it their church home.
- Evidences working knowledge of WC mission, core values, and ministry strategy and is effective at aligning individual ministry goals to these directives. This includes understanding of WC policies and procedures.
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God's direction for their lives.
- Evidences foundational spiritual qualities such as integrity, faithfulness, purity, compassion, submission, discernment and grace.
- Evidences passion for WC’s vision for individual and corporate evangelism and discipleship.
- Displays ministry skills such as the ability to effectively communicate Scripture, managing or coaching others, motivating others, and graciously correcting others when necessary. Proactively and immediately handles small problems before they grow large.
- Displays accountability to Student Staff Team, Elders, Executive Team, Staff and the ministry of the church.
- Displays working knowledge of stewardship and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through proper planning and budgeting of ministry programs and initiatives.
- On site availability for staff/congregational interaction and working together as a team is important. Work time (40 hours per week) to be on and off the WC campus, as needed (i.e. school visits, discipleship and volunteer meetings, outreach, etc.), and expected to be on site for all pertinent meetings.
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Effective leadership skills displayed through abilities to plan and execute events and an ability to recruit, develop and support effective student ministry leaders.
- Ability to work in concert with Facilities, Operations, and Finance respective to ministry area events.
- Ability to adapt ministry to become more inclusive and diverse.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment with noted ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to present a Christ-like image when presented before or when interacting with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to exercise flexibility within working responsibilities or environment.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent oral skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent presentation skills before large groups of people including adults.
- Required B.A. or B.S. degree in Emphasis Area or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading and managing groups of volunteers and/or paid staff.
- Commitment to developing working knowledge and application of WC mission and ministry strategy and evidenced ability to implement within ministry emphasis.
- Salary level and benefit structure set by Executive Pastor and Elder Board.
- Regular/Full-time/Exempt position, subject to all terms and conditions of Westminster Chapel employment policies and procedures.
- Vacation periods, sick leave, insurance coverage and other benefits are indicated in the Employee Manual and/or on the employee’s agreement.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Associate Pastor: Next Gen & WorshipCommunity Church of Hudson
- Hudson, Iowa
- January 16