Preteens are awesome. They have all the energy of a child but are living in a world more like a teenager. We have more than 500 kids (3rd-5th grade) joining us every weekend and need a Preteen Pastor to join our Riverside Campus Team, oversee about 50 volunteers,
and help these young students prepare for the mid school years.
We are looking for someone who is...
- Passionate about preteens - their faith, their struggles, and their potential!
- Fun as a person, leader, and communicator but not immature.
- Experienced in developing adults and students to assume leadership roles.
- Knowledgeable in either kids ministry or student ministry.
- Able to develop weekend talks and small group discussions that engage kids.
- Creative, unpredictable, and able to make the minstry a fun place for kids and leaders.
- Organized and able to pull off camps, events, and services with excellence.
- Great at connecting with and gaining trust with parents.
- Someone able to work really hard for about 45 hours per week so they can make time for family.
- Able to commit to the core values and vision of Sagebrush.
- Overseeing all aspects of Wired City (our preteen ministry) at all campuses.
- Recruiting, training, and leading a team of adult volunteers and youth leaders.
- Meeting (as needed) with preteens and parents to provide guidance, counsel, and next steps.
- Planning, preparing for, and executing 1 camp and 5 connection events per year.
- Developing a monthly series that will be delivered live at 4 campuses every weekend.
- Directly leading 5 weekend worship experiences with multi-media, music, and lights.
- Working on creative tools to keep our 20-minute small group time effective.
- Developing parent tools to help kids engage with parents during the week.
- Assisting in coordination of Upwards sports camps meeting at the campus.
- Maintaining all equipment, supplies, game rooms, and meeting space in the Wired City room.
Benefits of this job include:
- A great starting salary that is based on your experience and education,
- Full healthcare for the entire family including dental, vision, life insurance, etc,
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year
- An iPhone and a macbook to enhance your performance,
Requirements for this job:
- Must be a passionate and committed follower of Jesus.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a paid pastor on a church staff (kids or youth).
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred but some form of ministry training or Bible college is required.
- Must have a verifiable track record of developing leaders and growing a ministry.
If you're convinced you're the right person for the job, please send us the following 3 things to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume with detailed information about your ministry experience. (We need to see you a ready for a ministry this size.)
- 3 professional references. (We need to hear from others about your character, leadership, and abilities.)
- A recent picture of yourself alone or with your family. (We value family.)