The Director of Music is responsible for planning and leading the musical worship portion of our English Sunday Service. They will work hand-in-hand with the English Ministry Pastor to develop the overall vision and character of the music ministry, and will
actively lead the musical worship on most weeks. This individual will also serve as the team leader for all the lay volunteers in the music ministry.
CCCI is a non-denominational church located in Carmel, IN (just outside Indianapolis) with ~ 400 attendees. Our English Congregation typically has a contemporary worship style, though we are open to adding greater variety of worship style. Long-term, we
would love to grow this position into a full-time role or a combo-role with other ministry duties, but that is obviously subject to church growth and needs.
- Help plan, coordinate and design the overall themes for the music ministry, as well as the specific integration with the sermon on a weekly basis
- Lead the music portion of the worship services as appropriate, which includes incorporating lay volunteers of the music ministry
- Rehearse with and teach worship band.
- Train and coach the lay volunteers during any appropriate practices/rehearsals
- Plan musical worship for special events, such as Candlelight service, Easter Sunday, etc.
- Oversee budget and finances relating to music ministry
- Manage documents and files pertaining to music, including music, chords, songsheets, licenses, etc.
- Committed Christian who agrees with the CCCI Statement of Faith and whose life exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit
- Demonstrated desire to honor God and inspire His people through excellence in worship coupled with strong platform presence and skills
- Strong Biblical literacy and theology of worship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance, Music Theory, Music Composition, or related field
- Giftedness in at least one instrument (including vocal), and can lead worship teams and conduct choirs.
- Ability to build diverse worship teams and engage our multicultural congregation in worship.
- Prior experience – paid or volunteer – in leading congregational worship
- Adequate administrative and planning skills, able to coordinate and integrate music and songs with sermons, as well as scheduling and planning multiple teams and volunteers
Key Working Relationships
- Falls under both vocational and spiritual authority of the CCCI English Ministry Pastor, both in terms of the music ministry, as well as personal conduct
- Works directly with the English Pastor and Worship Team coworkers for purposes of casting vision for worship and for planning and designing worship services
- Leads and supports the volunteer leaders of the worship ministry (e.g., choir, worship bands, ensemble, etc.)
- Is supported by the A/V Ministry, comprised of a team of volunteers providing technical media support
This role, as described, is expected to be a 10 hr/wk role, and compensation is $12,500 annually without benefits.
To apply, please submit resume, music sample and two references. By applying, you are giving permission to the search team to contact and verify your academic, employment and reference credentials.