The Worship Ministry Director shall oversee the planning and leading of worship services and the development of the Worship Network (vocalists, instrumentalists, technology and worship arts) at Faith Church of Grayslake.
Start Date: To be determined
Reports To: Sr. Pastor
Time Requirement: 20 hours, weekly
- Equipping Staff (Part-time member)
- Worship Ministry Team (Leader)
- Family Ministry Team (Collaborate as needed)
- Discipleship Ministry Team (Collaborate as needed)
- Oversee the planning, rehearsals and implementation of worship services. (Weekly, Christmas Eve, and Good Friday)
- Recruit and train people who serve in the worship network.
- Shepherd those who serve on worship teams.
- Mentor youth desiring to, or serving on worship teams.
- Oversee the scheduling of worship teams, worship leaders, and tech teams for all worship services.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Sr. Pastor to discuss the integration of preaching themes with worship planning.
- Guide the work of the Worship Ministry Team and Network.
- Attend staff meetings and work alongside other leaders to fulfill the mission and vision of the church.
- Provide guidance and support as needed to the coaches assigned to worship teams for various age groups and ministries in the church.
- Guide and advise team leaders that can lead worship in a rotation with and without the presence of the Worship Ministry Director.
- Update and maintain Planning Center Online.
- Prior experience in leading corporate worship
- Able to play the acoustic guitar and/or piano with confidence in contemporary styles
- Understanding of basic technology used in worship services
- Ability to equip and empower other leaders
- A teachable spirit
- Ability and desire to work with a team of leaders
- Able to understand and teach music theory
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in a related field
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Commitment to the core values, beliefs, mission and vision of Faith Church
- Membership at Faith Church of Grayslake
- Generosity in financial support of Faith Church