Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of the marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal within a specific business unit. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services this area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of assigned marketing staff /volunteers and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of Teen Mania Ministries
The position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and serves as a member of the senior management team.
Within Teen Mania, the position has primary working relationships with the CMO, senior management team, staff of the Marketing function, and the service providers.
Outside the agency, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media/vendors
Marketing, communications and public relations
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Honor Academy image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; and,
all Brand marketing [within a specific business unit], communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
2. Ensure articulation of Business Unit’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout Teen Mania, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
3. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Business Unit’s publications.
4. Coordinate media interest and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
5. Coordinate the appearance of all Business Unit print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
6. Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
7. Provide counsel to Operational and Contact Centers on marketing, communications and public relations.
8. Regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
9. Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events. Planning and budgeting
1. Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
2. Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
3. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, use this information to help the Business Unit operate with initiative and innovation.
1. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
2. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
3. Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
4. Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
5. Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the Teen Mania by:
a) transmitting Teen Mania’s and Business Unit’s values, vision and direction;
b) engaging people in the meaning of the Business Unit;
c) respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
d) providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
e) communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
f) encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
g) anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution; h) engaging people in process as well as tasks; encouraging people use their power, i) practice their authority, and accept their responsibility; j) modeling behavior; and k) coaching people to success.
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, activities.
Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills. (testing provided to determine/confirm strengths and skills)
Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising
and appraising personnel.
Demonstrated successful experience making presentations and negotiating with media.
Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with
demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred.
Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Teen Mania Ministries
Teen Mania Ministries is one of the largest Christian youth ministry organizations in the United States and is headquartered in Garden Valley, Texas. In 1984 Ron and Katie Luce were newly married and had a desire to inspire teenagers to live for God in a deep and authentic way, so they put together four youth events and called them Teen Mania Rallies. The next year they went on a 6 month mission trip around the world where they saw both physical and spiritual poverty and the need for the Gospel to be preached in unreached places and for God& More...