Purpose: the Director of Adult Discipleship is to work with the Pastor, Session, staff and members of First Presbyterian Church to accomplish our vision to know Jesus Christ, grow in faith, care in His love and share His hope.
Nature and Scope of position:
- Primary Duties: Adult Discipleship with special emphasis on young adults, men and small groups
- Secondary Duties: training and equipping lay ministry teams to carry out the ministry of First Presbyterian Church, teaching, assisting in worship, and pastoral care
Specific Ministry Implementation
- Provide opportunities for adults to grow spiritually with each other through small groups, Bible studies, mission outreach and discipleship, including mentoring.
- Develop and support ministry teams that create a place for people to belong and build relationships with other Christians
- Challenge adults to live as part of the Body of Christ
- Assist in worship
- Provide pastoral care
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet with and report to Senior Pastor.
- Meet with staff and assigned ministry teams.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Organize and implement ministry workflow.
- Coordinate, encourage and collaborate with other directors, lay ministers and volunteers.
- Evidence of growing and abiding personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through personal devotional, worship and prayer life.
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart and a desire to energize others toward becoming fully devoted disciple of Christ.
- Exhibit the heart, passion, vision, desire and sustained commitment to lead a ministry to adults.
- Theological proficiency in teaching the Word of God as inerrant truth revealed in both the Old and New Testaments from a Reformed perspective.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Show enthusiasm for the overall vision and mission of First Presbyterian Church.
- Demonstrate efficiency in conducting administrative details as necessary and delegate responsibility as required.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to minister in a diverse, multigenerational, multicultural setting.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
Hours: Part time, 20-30 hours per week
Compensation: Salaried, based on experience
Effective: June 2013
To complete the application, please visit our website at www.firstpresaurora.org.
Application Deadline is May 15, 2013.
www.firstpresaurora.org * 630-844-0050 * 325 E Downer PL, Aurora IL 60505
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Discipleship DirectorRestoration Church
- Mechanicsville, Virginia
- October 23
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
First Presbyterian Church
Our Mission: We exist to glorify Jesus Christ, making Christ-following, kingdom-minded ambassadors and missionaries to the city of Aurora and beyond Our Vision: We are sent to Aurora so that hundreds of families will know Jesus Christ, grow in faith, care in His love, and share His hope.More...