POSITIONAL OVERVIEW AND ENVIRONMENT:
Trinity Baptist Church is an established, contemporary, Southern Baptist church seeking a Pastor/Director to oversee Children’s Ministry. Trinity is located in a predominately Catholic community in Northeastern Ohio. Located just 25 miles outside of Cleveland,
Mentor is a suburban community of about 50,000. We are one of the largest evangelical churches in our county and one of only a handful of evangelical churches in the area. Our average Sunday morning attendance is 500+ with 20% of our attendees under the age
of 12. This community is unique in that people here take seriously the importance of their faith, the Bible, and family values.
We believe that children are not the church of tomorrow, but rather they are the church today. Our vision, our resources and our passions reflect this belief. We recently completed a major facelift to our Children’s Ministry space that allowed us to re-purpose
and renew a focus on this ministry. We are dedicated to having an incredibly relevant, dynamic, and impactful ministry to the next generation in our community. The ideal candidate will share that value and have experience working in such environments. We
also value the chemistry and culture of our existing team. The ideal candidate will be highly relational, positive and energetic as they join a team that is composed of 10 staff members including 4 full-time pastors.
- Directly responsible for supervising a ministry team of 100+ volunteers.
- Set vision, strategy and goals for the department.
- Facilitate daily management, including meetings, direction, schedules, etc.
- Personally invest and develop the ministry team members under your supervision.
- Directly responsible for assisting families in the spiritual growth and development of the children birth-5th grade.
- Provide creative vision and strategy for the ministries of Trinity Children’s such as –
- KidsTown Jr. (babies and preschool)
- KidsTown (elementary)
- KidsTown Live! (elementary worship experience)
- Community Outreach Events (summer camps, seasonal outreach events, etc.)
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Provide leadership and spiritual growth development for the Children’s Ministry team.
- Oversee and maintain the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Research and develop areas for bridging the gap of effective relationships/communication to parents.
- Responsible for keeping on top of cultural trends with other churches, children, and community to influence our outreach and ministry.
- Oversee guest services and assimilation of guests into Trinity Children’s Ministry
- Interface with other departments of Trinity as the leader of the Children’s Ministry.
- Hospital visitation and counseling of children/families as needed.
- Participate as a Staff Team member in all meetings, discussions, training, and church visioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, religion or a related field preferred or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Work experience in a church-based children’s ministry.
- Work experience in managing, training, and directing volunteers.
- Ability to evaluate and recast policies and procedures as needed.
- Must have good computing skills and a familiarity with a publishing platform would be helpful.
- A background check is required for this position.