Metro Community Church is an innovative, multi-site church functioning as one church in two locations, Metro Edwardsville and Metro Vandalia. Metro is strategically focused on reaching those who are disconnected from Christ and His church and helping them
move toward becoming growing Christ-followers. The church is theologically conservative, but progressive in its methodology. In order to continue to advance our multi-site church strategy Metro is currently seeking a Campus Pastor for our existing Metro
Metro Community Church was founded in 1991 with our Edwardsville, Illinois Campus. In 2007, Metro launched its second Campus in Vandalia, Illinois. Vandalia is a rural community located one hour east of St. Louis, Missouri. Vandalia has a population of
approximately 7,000 people in the city and 25,000 people living in Fayette County.
The Vandalia Campus began with a core group of 35 people and has grown to over 200 since the location was launched in 2007. Vandalia is a portable “video-venue” location. Services are currently held in the local Jr. High School and involve setting up and
tearing down each week. All aspects of the service are live with the exception of the weekend message, which is delivered via HD video.
Prospective candidates must:
- Have a college degree, (seminary a plus but not required)
- Have a minimum of 3 years ministry experience
- Have a proven track-record of growing a ministry
- Be a proven hard worker who is results driven
- A team player who is comfortable with, and desires to, continually evaluate and improve
- Have a heart for rural America