Creative Communications Director
River Oaks Community Church
The Creative Director will be responsible for leading the way in how River Oaks communicates while also overseeing the delivery methods we use with a special focus on the use of media in our worship services. This person will also provide creative counsel
and direction for various ministries of the church as they organize and produce various events, programs, and communications.
- Assist the senior pastor in planning worship services that: #1) glorify God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; #2) edify the saints in attendance, and #3) proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Oversee the development of multi-media pieces that serve the sermon and help people understand the timeless truths of God’s Word in way that is compelling and relevant.
- Oversee all multi-media elements (videos, lighting, bulletin design, stage décor, etc.) that support Sunday morning worship services. Work with the senior pastor to develop unique creative elements for each sermon series.
- Oversee the development and optimal use of all internal and external communication pieces, printed and electronic, from River Oaks to the church family and greater community.
- Ensure the look and feel of the church remains consistent from website to sanctuary to print pieces. Own and promote the River Oaks identity throughout the church and the various ministries.
- Serve as the owner and webmaster for the church’s website and ensure content is relevant and current.
- Cultivate and manage a team of ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, etc.).
- Be able to contribute to the development and execution of a strategic communications plan.
- Remain current on new technologies and opportunities to improve the effectiveness of web and social media communications.
• Reports to the executive pastor
• Interact with the church accountant in terms of budget and finances.
• Interact with our church database provider in optimizing all web-based communication.
• Interact with the worship pastor and senior pastor regarding the creative development and implementation of media elements in worship services.
• Interact with the various ministry leaders at River Oaks to enable them to make better use of communications through training, mentoring and leadership.
• Interact with ministry volunteers.
• Oversee two part-time employees.
• Demonstrate an ever-deepening personal relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible study, and worship attendance.
• Able to think strategically, provide direction, accept direction, and take projects from concept to completion.
• Be optimistic in the face of difficulty. View adversity not as a problem but as an unsolved opportunity.
• Be industrious, hard working, and diligent.
• Be easily dissatisfied with the status quo, but respond with grace when the answer is “no.” Be able to separate your ideas from your identity.
• Develop a budget and work within those guidelines while establishing goals and implementing strategies for their attainment.
• Contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer. A servant’s heart is a must.
• Be in agreement with the core beliefs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (http://epc.org/about-the-epc/beliefs/).
• Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or a related field; or a minimum four years demonstrated equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum 5 years in above stated responsibilities.
• Candidate must be able to show examples of relevant experience.
• Knowledge and experience in branding, managing projects, graphics, web design, and video production.
• At least two years experience supervising others.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in Mac applications is a plus.
ABOUT RIVER OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
River Oaks is just over 14 years old, and was a church plant from Reynolda Presbyterian Church in Winston-Salem. The church began in March 1999 with a core group of 30 families and has grown dramatically since then. We are strategically located next to
West Forsyth High School, along a major thoroughfare that connects the cities of Lewisville, Clemmons, and Winston-Salem. Our worship services are contemporary and we encourage people to “come as you are.”
Our church exists to REACH those who do not know our Lord Jesus Christ with the Gospel,
BUILD devoted and equipped followers of Jesus, and SEND God's people into the world to serve with compassion and conviction. For more information about our church, visit www.riveroakschurch.org.
We are a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). The EPC is a family of churches, Reformed and Presbyterian, defined by shared core values and bonded by the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Our affiliation with this denomination provides many benefits,
including regional training opportunities for our leaders and members. For more information about the EPC, visit www.epc.org.