TITLE: Media Pastor
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
RELATES CLOSELY WITH: Worship Pastor, Senior Pastor, Children’s and Student Ministry, Technical Teams, Worship Teams, Creative Team, and other ministry leaders
HOURS: Full Time – 45-55 hours per week
Lead the ongoing growth and development of video, lighting, sound, technology, and staging at First Christian as part of all worship experiences and special events through the ongoing development of media personnel and volunteers. The media pastor will
need to be an expert in video editing and production. The media pastor will also need to be a great leader and developer of volunteers as well as be very proficient in audio, live video production and streaming, lighting, staging, website, and social media.
All products produced by this position will be considered completed as “work for hire” and be the property of First Christian.
PROGRAMMING, LEADERSHIP, & MINISTRY:
- Share in the responsibility with the Worship Minister to shepherd, disciple, lead, develop, train, and empower all media & worship team members, both volunteer and paid
- Facilitate goals and carryout the vision for the media ministry team
- Help schedule and run worship & media rehearsals
- Work alongside of the Worship Minister to develop annual Ministry Plan and coordinate budgets
- Assist in the production of a special events
- Attend planning meetings and contribute to the programming of all services and events
- Share in programming of special events and concerts
TECHNICAL/VIDEO SPECIALTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate with the creative team to develop the weekend services
- Utilize skills and knowledge of audio, lighting, and video to upgrade respective systems
- Work with weekend services and communication team on audio, lighting, video, staging and media projects
- Be a part of the weekend audio, lighting, video, and media team as scheduled
- Use technical skills for services, events, and any other projects as needed
- Develop and oversee live video team for weekend services and other events
- Create, organize, and implement all audio, lighting, streaming video, image magnification, staging, and media operations
- Provide cost analysis on all worship and media technology tools
- Research and purchase technology as needed to carry out the media ministry vision
- Coordinate and manage stage set-up crew for weekend services and other events
- Provide some information systems (servers, computer hardware and software), phone systems, internet, websites, and database support
- Develop material for the website such as videos, marketing material, sermons, live streaming for services, archived messages, etc. as well as making needed changes to keep it updated
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent skills/experience,
2. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
3. Project Management,
4. Expert Technology Skills,
5. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
6. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
7. Equipment Maintenance,
8. Attention to Detail,
9. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks)
10. A working understanding of the latest trends in creative arts and graphic design.
11. An interest in the latest trends in mass media communications.
12. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ, and
13. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume, and links to your digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.